RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/hitec-multiplex-radios-ask-hitec-customer-service-53/)
-   -   Hpp-22 (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/hitec-multiplex-radios-ask-hitec-customer-service-53/11651878-hpp-22-a.html)

Steve Percifield 07-22-2018 09:52 AM

Hpp-22

I'm trying to download model memory data from my Aurora 9 to my PC. It goes through the motion and creates a PDF file with the model name. But when I try to open the file, I get an error message saying the file is corrupt. I have downloaded HPP-22 software several time with the same result. Help. What am I doing wrong??

thanks
steve

Xpress 07-23-2018 10:32 AM

The model data file is not something you will be able to open easily, it can only be transferred with the HPP-22.

Steve Percifield 07-23-2018 11:20 AM

I have the HPP-22 and have downloaded the HPP-22 software from Hitec's website. Follow the instructions and Nothing transfers…

Steve Percifield 07-24-2018 12:03 AM

I received a note from Hitec customer service. You can not download a model memory to a PC. The HPP-22 can transfer a model memory to another transmitter only.

Xpress 07-24-2018 09:50 AM

To clarify, the HPP-22 saves the model data as a .TXT file which can only be read by the HPP-22. You download models off of the transmitter using the HPP-22, the HPP-22 saves them in a .TXT file to the PC, then you can use the HPP-22 again to re-load those models onto a transmitter. There's nothing you can change on the PC with regards to modifying the model data file, nor can you edit the model data files with the HPP-22.

Steve Percifield 07-24-2018 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by Xpress (Post 12449637)
To clarify, the HPP-22 saves the model data as a .TXT file which can only be read by the HPP-22. You download models off of the transmitter using the HPP-22, the HPP-22 saves them in a .TXT file to the PC, then you can use the HPP-22 again to re-load those models onto a transmitter. There's nothing you can change on the PC with regards to modifying the model data file, nor can you edit the model data files with the HPP-22.

When I tried downloading a model, the HPP-22 created a PDF file on my computer. The PDF file was corrupt. Mike Mayberry from Hitec told me the HPP-22 is not designed for nor was it intended to be used to download model files to a PC. It will, according to him, transfer the data between transmitters.

Xpress 07-24-2018 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by Steve Percifield (Post 12449640)
When I tried downloading a model, the HPP-22 created a PDF file on my computer. The PDF file was corrupt. Mike Mayberry from Hitec told me the HPP-22 is not designed for nor was it intended to be used to download model files to a PC. It will, according to him, transfer the data between transmitters.

I'm sure there is some sort of misunderstanding, because that statement is 100% incorrect. The HPP-22 is our bridge device that is designed to do 2 things: 1. provide updates to devices, and 2. transfer model data off of the transmitter to your PC, which allows you to transfer model data back onto a transmitter. It does not create .pdf files.

Steve Percifield 07-24-2018 03:35 PM

I'm just trying to get answers. I wanted to download models to my PC to have more than 30 model memory capability on my Aurora 9. I have used the HPP-22 many times for updates. This is the first time I have tried to save a model to my PC. I bought the HPP-22 when I bought the transmitter many years ago, so maybe it is outdated. All I know is when I save from transmitter to PC it creates a PDF file on my PC. Doesn't ask me how to save it, just creates the PDF file. When I try to open it or down load from the PC to the transmitter, I get an error message saying the file is corrupt.

I ask about it here and sent Hitec customer service the same question. Mike Mayberry's answer was it can't download and save a model memory to my PC. That's all I know.

As I recall from memory, the HPP-22 software was version 1.19(?) and my transmitter has software 1.09
steve percifield

Xpress 07-25-2018 12:36 PM

If that is what Mike said then that information is incorrect.. I think the best thing to do is contact us via phone to get assistance:

858 748 6948
(Keep in mind we are moving our warehouse and office this week and next week, there may be a delay in phone service)

FYI, I am in Service and can assist with all your Hitec Questions, same as Mike ;) :)

Steve Percifield 07-25-2018 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by Xpress (Post 12449974)
If that is what Mike said then that information is incorrect.. I think the best thing to do is contact us via phone to get assistance:

858 748 6948
(Keep in mind we are moving our warehouse and office this week and next week, there may be a delay in phone service)

FYI, I am in Service and can assist with all your Hitec Questions, same as Mike ;) :)

Thanks, But I am deaf and cannot use a telephone. Email and text is all I have. Plus forum posts.
steve