RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/hitec-multiplex-radios-ask-hitec-customer-service-53/)
-   -   Hitec Receiver ? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/hitec-multiplex-radios-ask-hitec-customer-service-53/11673768-hitec-receiver.html)

fscott729 01-07-2020 04:01 PM

Hitec Receiver ?

Would I be correct if I said that crystals for rc receivers are not polarity specific? I have am Electron 6 Hitec micro receiver and bought a crystal to match my transmitter and did not see anything written about how to insert it into the receiver as far as any orientation or marking and am assuming the polarity should not make any difference. Is that correct? Thanks for any information.
Frank

[email protected] 01-07-2020 07:57 PM

you are correct, crystals are not polarized in any way. However, they are brand specific, and your Hittec receiver should be used with Hitec crystals. They come with a paper tab printed with the channel no. and the frequency in MHz, The tab also has blue on the tip..
You will also be told that Futaba and Hitec crystals are interchangeable, and it seems to be true to some degree I would probably fly with a Hitec receiver with a Futaba crystal if I was doing it with an ARF, a foamie or some expendable airplane, but never an airplane that I had spent weeks building and that I really cared about.
If the receiver crystal you have is not Hitec, I have an extra Hitec Ch29. Luck, El[email protected]

fscott729 01-08-2020 05:10 AM

Hitec Crystal install

Originally Posted by [email protected] (Post 12574579)
you are correct, crystals are not polarized in any way. However, they are brand specific, and your Hittec receiver should be used with Hitec crystals. They come with a paper tab printed with the channel no. and the frequency in MHz, The tab also has blue on the tip..
You will also be told that Futaba and Hitec crystals are interchangeable, and it seems to be true to some degree I would probably fly with a Hitec receiver with a Futaba crystal if I was doing it with an ARF, a foamie or some expendable airplane, but never an airplane that I had spent weeks building and that I really cared about.
If the receiver crystal you have is not Hitec, I have an extra Hitec Ch29. Luck, El[email protected]

Thank you Eloy for the reply. You give me peace of mind. Yes, I do have the legitimate Hitec Ch.29 crystal because I wanted to make sure it would work properly with my Hitec receiver. I have had this equipment for years and never used it and just do not want to go out and buy new equipment when I feel this Fm equipment will work fine in my rural area flying a glider I need to put together. Since my receiver is a 6 channel it list the positions as battery and then 1-5. Can you tell me which one should be used for the throttle or will I have to figure that out with my transmitter? Thanks for any information. Frank

[email protected] 01-08-2020 09:03 AM

Generally, Ch 3 is throttle, but there can be exceptions. Easy to determine: Power up the system, and using only one servo, put it in Ch 1 and see what Tx control activates it. Then Ch2, etc- you'll have a complete indication what Tx stick moves what on your glider. Luck, Eloy

fscott729 01-08-2020 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by [email protected] (Post 12574652)
Generally, Ch 3 is throttle, but there can be exceptions. Easy to determine: Power up the system, and using only one servo, put it in Ch 1 and see what Tx control activates it. Then Ch2, etc- you'll have a complete indication what Tx stick moves what on your glider. Luck, Eloy

Thank you so much for the great advice Eloy. You are just awesome. I am sure with your advice I will be up and flying when all these jet streams move away from New Mexico. Thank you sir and have a great day.