RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/hitec-multiplex-radios-ask-hitec-customer-service-53/)
-   -   help please with MPX recievers (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/hitec-multiplex-radios-ask-hitec-customer-service-53/1567926-help-please-mpx-recievers.html)

3wExtra 02-26-2004 05:48 PM

help please with MPX recievers

when are the MPX synth receivers will be available? i have heard that it has been well over 2 years that MPX promised them in Europe but nothing to account for yet.
Can you give us a realistic date? do not need exact date but something realistic...
thank you

HarryC 02-26-2004 06:45 PM

RE: help please with MPX recievers

You simply don't get reliable delivery dates from Multiplex and there is nothing that HitecUSA as the importer can do about it.

H

3wExtra 02-26-2004 06:54 PM

but they should know when they are going to have them or not. it can be that they "sell" or advertise in the web for something they will not have. the idea of having a synth TX without a Synth RX does not make practical sense to me. i would have never bought a synth Tx if i could not buy a syth RX.
I want to hear from Mike on this.
thank you Harry, your help is always well taken.

Strykaas 02-26-2004 07:15 PM

Hello 3wExtra,

but they should know when they are going to have them or not.
Have you ever worked within any industrial enviroment were competition is tough ?

I have. I'll tell you how things work out there. To simplify, Multiplex is organised in two teams : people working for marketing, and an engineering division.

Marketing team elaborates products specs according to customers demand and to what competition may offer in a given timeframe.

Then the engineering division tries to make this product in the same timeframe. But very often, deadlines are not repected (technical hurdles, robustness issues, etc).
However, something is to be sold, cash is needed, it keeps any company living...
That means delays, early sales, faulty software (e.g. Royal Evo firmware mishaps recently), and so on.

Just my 2 cents.

3wExtra 02-26-2004 11:28 PM

i do not want to make a debate about this. i just asked 2 very simple questions to MIKE. ;)

1 when are the synth Rxs are really going to be in the LHSs in the USA?

2. Is it true that these receivers have been promised in Europe for well over 2 yrs and still not in the LHSs?

I need some receivers for my planes 5 of them.

Do I wait for MPX to full fill the expectations they created with the Syth RXs; or I just am as stuck as I was before with the freq. I fly.

All what i want to know it can be resolved if HE (Mike or someone from MPX-Hitec) answer these simple questions straight.

I would much rather him tell me yep we will not have those RX until who know when, that being told yeah in a couple more weeks and then have to wait for ever.

i the tell me the truth then I am not disjointed when a make a decision based on false expectations.

I love the radio, and I would just bought a "regular" Tx if I had known that the synth are just a marketing tool.

It is that simple.

HarryC 02-27-2004 03:45 AM

I do understand what you mean 3W. The UK shops are now estimating mid-March at the earliest.

H

Highflight 02-27-2004 07:22 AM

3W,
I've noticed that Mike isn't checking in here very often any more but what Harry tells you is spot on.
What I'd like to suggest is that, for the time being, pick up a Seeker II receiver from Polk's Hobby. It's an 8 channel, dual conversion, synth, auto shift selectable, receiver that you can have in your hands for just $70 right now.

No, it's not 9 or 12 channel, but it WILL likely fly most of the aircraft you might have.
Personally, I intend to get the MPX 12 synth RX when it finally comes available, but that's just because I've got an EVO12/synth and figure I'll need it "someday".
But I doubt if I'll ever get the MPX 9/synth RX as long as the Seeker is available for almost half the cost.

By the way, I've been flying with my Seeker/EVO12 combo for a bit and it's rock solid, plus, the Seeker is a snap to change frequency (no dials or switches to wear our... just a single remote button to push while turning on).
It's really the best deal going for what you're looking for while waiting for the MPX RX's.

Highflight

HarryC 02-27-2004 07:35 AM

ORIGINAL: Highflight-RCU
But I doubt if I'll ever get the MPX 9/synth RX as long as the Seeker is available for almost half the cost.
But AFAIK the seeker does not have error detection and programmable failsafe?

H

3wExtra 02-27-2004 11:08 AM

nothing against the Polk hardware because i have never used it, i just saw a couple of them at my field and they do not look at least like something i would trust $5K+ airplane not now, not tomorrow.
thereason I purchase MPX is because it is rock solid. if i wanted to go with polk i would have bought a polk.
now another reason why i need a 12 channel Rx is because the amout of ganged servos i have on these plane with a 12 channel reciever i can use 3 channels for each aileron side, 2 channels for each elevator side, and one channel and a matchbox for the rudder and one for the throttle. yes i could do it in a million different ways but this is the way I want it

Highflight 02-27-2004 11:40 AM

ORIGINAL: HarryC

ORIGINAL: Highflight-RCU
But AFAIK the seeker does not have error detection and programmable failsafe?

H
That is true.
But a MPX receiver with error detection and programmable failsafe doesn't do much good if it doesn't exist. :D

Highflight

3wExtra 02-27-2004 12:08 PM

that is right,:( but they do exist on the "regular" version;), also there is FMA Rxs.:)

MikeMayberry 03-09-2004 04:48 PM

The good news is that I am looking at the first production samples of the 72mhz synthesized 9 and 12 channel receivers as I type. The bad new is they are still about another month or so away from making it to the shops.

It is unfortunate it took so long to get to market, but I can't comment on all the reasons since I was not involved with this project. I can tell you that in the future the MPX new products will have much more realistic release dates.

Mike.