RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/hitec-multiplex-radios-ask-hitec-customer-service-53/)
-   -   HS-5625 question (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/hitec-multiplex-radios-ask-hitec-customer-service-53/1667977-hs-5625-question.html)

HarryC 03-28-2004 04:39 PM

HS-5625 question

I have finally been persuaded to try Hitec servos. I bought 4 HS5625MG digitals but now I have got them home I find there are 3 different types of what should be the same servo. One has twisted cable, the other 3 have ribbon cable. The one with twisted cable has a "Mar 02" sticker on it, one of the ribbon cable servos has a "modified Apr 2001" sticker, and the other 2 have no sticker. The twisted cable "Mar 02" version's box quotes more torque but ever so slightly less speed than the other 3.

What's going on, I expected to get 4 matching servos, not 3 matching and one with different torque and speed? Not a big problem, I can put the odd one out on the rudder.

But those stickers start to remind me of something I heard in the past. There was once a problem with one of the Hitec digis locking at extreme travel. Was it the 5625? The advice was to buy ones with a sticker at or beyond a certain date. Have I been suckered and bought some problem servos?

Harry

Stick Jammer 03-28-2004 05:05 PM

RE: HS-5625 question

March 02 is the latest software version. You definitely purchased some old servos. I believe they can be updated to the new software by using a programmer with version 1.03 on it. If you bought these new, I personally would take them back. Maybe someone else can expand on this.

AJF--2 03-28-2004 05:23 PM

I agree Harry-You have been "mismatched"- It is the programming. As for the wiring, Hitec changed to twisted. Take them back or else Hitec will exchange them.

HarryC 03-28-2004 05:33 PM

Bummer. These were all bought brand new at Bob's Hobbies in Orlando just 3 days ago. I will be mighty pissed off if they sold me servos that are more than 3 years old and with a known fault. Can anyone confirm if these are the type that had the faulty software?

H

AJF--2 03-28-2004 10:03 PM

I have owned a large number of Hitech 5625, 5945, 5735, and 5475 and have never gotten any with the date older than Mar 02. Let's see what Mike says. I am sure he will make you happy.;)

Jemo 03-29-2004 05:35 AM

Form the hitec site:

Hitec strongly recommends that all digital servos with the date codes listed below be reprogrammed with the latest software regardless of application or intended use.

The affected servos are labeled as"Modified" with the dates listed below:
APR2001
MAY2001
JUNE2001
JULY2001
AUG2001
You can return your servos to the Hitec service department for reprograming with the latest software version, or you can upgrade the servo software yourself, using the RESET function of the Hitec HFP-10 Digital Servo Programmer with software version, 1.03 or higher. This will "update" your servo and should fix any known conflict with the non-Hitec equipment.

Additionally any HFP-10 programmers that contain a software version earlier than version 1.03 can be upgraded free of charge by by returning it to our service department in Poway, California.