RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/hitec-multiplex-radios-ask-hitec-customer-service-53/)
-   -   To Mike or Brendon....Optic 6 (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/hitec-multiplex-radios-ask-hitec-customer-service-53/2726532-mike-brendon-optic-6-a.html)

ooooo 03-04-2005 01:07 PM

To Mike or Brendon....Optic 6

Mike or Brendon......I bought my Hitec Optic 6 from WholeSale Hobbies out in Alberta Canada....should arrive by next week Monday.
Is there anything I should know, do or should not do with the radio when I get it.
I've been reading the threads that a fix is coming and that the Tx is loosing it's programming in Model 1.

Thanks for any help.

Cheers.

MikeMayberry 03-04-2005 07:00 PM

RE: To Mike or Brendon....Optic 6

Just use it!

About 2% of the radios are having the problem with model #1.

The only other issue is not to use more than -60% sub trim for throttle when using Ail Diff.

Mike.

XJet 03-05-2005 04:44 AM

ORIGINAL: MikeMayberry

Just use it!

About 2% of the radios are having the problem with model #1.
So far I'm chuffed to bits with my Optic 6 and use it almost every day (one of the benefits of working at a full-sized airfield that gets next to no air movements).

Can you enlighten us on the cause of the model #1 problem?

Is it related to any particular sequence of events that we can avoid?

Is it a memory-overwrite or simply a faulty batch of components that produce premature EEPROM failure in some cells?

Is it likely to happen *while* the transmitter is on or only at turn on/off time -- ie: could we suddenly find that we're flying and critical mixes/parameters are changed without warning?

Will the problem, once it occurs, propogate beyond the memory for model #1?

It would be nice if we could take some pre-emptive action to reduce the chances of this problem affecting us unexpectedly.

ooooo 03-05-2005 09:14 AM

Thanks Mike.....I appreciate your reply. I'll monitor it for any sign of problems and let you know.

Cheers.

ooooo 03-09-2005 07:06 PM

Hi Mike...just wanted you to know that I received my new Hitec Optic 6 this evening. It is a nice radio. I like the blue light instead of the red on my present Futaba T6XAs. The Optic 6 has a lot of switches and levers to get used to. It's a whole new ball game for me, 'specially with the Spectra module. I'm sending in my warranty info tomorrow.......hope I win the new T-Shirt :D:D I wear large eh! haha.
Via this forum, I'll give updates on the radio and if there is any question, I will cetainly ask.

Cheers.

Brendan Lugo 03-10-2005 12:30 PM

Is it likely to happen *while* the transmitter is on or only at turn on/off time -- ie: could we suddenly find that we're flying and critical mixes/parameters are changed without warning?

Will the problem, once it occurs, propogate beyond the memory for model #1?

Model 1 reset will only happen when the radio is off. There is no set sequence of parameters (programming) that activates the reset. The problem will not occur on any other model other than model 1 so you don't have to worry about it spreading to the other model memories.

ooooo 03-10-2005 08:29 PM

Mike or Brendan.....How do I change channel on the Optic 6? Is it when I give my model a 4 letter name I then put the channel beside it?

What are the two side sliding levers for?

Just those two questions for now. Thanks for any reply.

Cheers.

Brendan Lugo 03-11-2005 11:40 AM

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/Opti...2752540/tm.htm

ooooo 06-06-2005 07:50 AM

Well guys.....I've been using my Hitec Optic 6 for months now almost everyday. I don't see any problem or having any. :D:D This radio is awesome and I like the side levers for flaps.....can still look at my plane and set flaps instead of the knob on the Futaba.
This one is a keeper for a few years.

Cheers.