RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/hitec-multiplex-radios-ask-hitec-customer-service-53/)
-   -   my urgent hitec concirn (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/hitec-multiplex-radios-ask-hitec-customer-service-53/2745504-my-urgent-hitec-concirn.html)

adrian-RCU 03-09-2005 12:52 PM

my urgent hitec concirn

1 Attachment(s)
i must have more than 100 hitec servos - 300's/55/81/422/425/605/635/5645/5945 and 5955's - to this day and it's been around 6 years, eccept for a few gears and one or two lost in crashes - not a single problem.
now this seems funny as i have followed all the problems and issues to date - the 605's not centering/ mine does ok - the 5645 lock up bonansa/ mine works fine - the 5945 problem and i use y connectors with futaba/ mine is ok - the 5955 issue/ well all seems ok they are still new - yes i have a programmer and seem to know how to work it.

but of late i get very concirned because of so much negative talk going on - when there is smoke maybe a fire - so i please ask the powers to be at hitec to really get under all these problems that pop up all the time because it makes old friends like me very very nervous.

we have more than 30 planes including several giants and i surely would not like to lose one of my babies due to this kinda crap!!!!! please adress these matters urgently and come out and let us know what is going on.

best regards

a truly concirned hitec fan and loyal customer

famousdave 03-09-2005 01:10 PM

RE: my urgent hitec concirn

I wouldn't worry about it. 99% of it is overreaction. I have the same "luck" as you with Hitec gear, as does most everyone else I know.

Just fly and have fun.
DP

Panzlflyer 03-09-2005 08:00 PM

Well tell me why then after years of using the 5945s ( About 20 of them) do 2 new ones not work on a Y now that they have changed the version . And they all work individually. Hardly overreaction!

Andy540T 03-10-2005 10:32 AM

I have experianced the same issues as AndyT. Hitec replaced a component in the v.104 servos and now Futaba PCM won't work on a Y. They do work on JR and also will work with signal amplification either through a matchbox or similar divice. I purchased the servos based on Hitec's reputation and the ability to program the servos only to find out that programing them would be a waste of time since I would need a matchbox to allow them to work "ganged" on the same surface.

Desertpig and Adrian,
If you were to remove one of your servos, you would find that the version is something prior to v.104.

adrian-RCU 03-10-2005 12:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
yup - all our servos is 103 eccept for the 5955's also the programmer is 103

AJF--2 03-10-2005 01:48 PM

I have experianced the same issues as AndyT.
Could it have something to do with the user names of you fellas?:D

famousdave 03-10-2005 01:54 PM

I have 1.03 and 1.04 firmware. I fly JR though and have no issues whatsoever. I always use Y-harnesses on all my split rudders except those that take 2 per elevator half..

Must be that Futaba junk (just kidding! ) The Fut rx signal gain is just not as high as the JR, Airtronics, Hitec RX for whatever reason. I have heard this come up a lot lately.

We probably should move this discussion to the open forum as this is really a manufacturer support forum and we have gone way off track here.

DP

adrian-RCU 03-14-2005 02:31 AM

interesting- we have had no response from hitec!!!!![:o]

Andy540T 03-14-2005 09:11 AM

They seem to be ignoring the issue with hopes that it will go away.

Brendan Lugo 03-14-2005 02:38 PM

With Futaba PCM receivers you have to use a buffered extension or y harness because of the low signal line voltage their receivers have.

Andy540T 03-14-2005 03:01 PM

Brendan,

You still are not answering the question.

The question we have is: Why did the older versions (v1.03 and prior) work with a standard Y harness, and the newer ones (v1.04) require the buffered Y harness in order to work. We all have been using these servos on Futaba PCM without an issue until recently. This can all be resolved by answering this simple question that only Hitec can answer.

adrian-RCU 03-15-2005 02:56 AM

so now we pass the buck!!![:o]

mglavin 03-15-2005 08:54 PM

Guys,

Thus far Hitec Engineers have not shared the technical reason for the shortcomings of the new servos with Hitec USA staff, they may not have the answer themselves at this time, we simply do not know. The problem(s) are being looked into and in time we'll tell the tale. Once we have definitive information we'll share it with all. Speculating on the problem and or forcing a technical response to appease users is of little to no value IMO.

Some suggestions that may have credence are noted below. These are obvious possibilities, nothing more.

Implementation of a new and or different IC.
Sensitivity to supply voltage or electrical noise on same.
Sensitivity to electrical noise on the signal input line.
Sensitivity on the signal and or power return line.
Sensitivity to the signal line source impedance.
Electrical noise; conducted and shared that's generated by the servos.

adrian-RCU 03-16-2005 07:17 AM

[8D]now see - thats all we need, just tell us and all is ok!!!

we get hammered all the time for standing by hitec so sometimes we need a little support too,,,,,right!!