RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/hitec-multiplex-radios-ask-hitec-customer-service-53/)
-   -   hitec optic 6 setup with ucando 3d 46 (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/hitec-multiplex-radios-ask-hitec-customer-service-53/3051287-hitec-optic-6-setup-ucando-3d-46-a.html)

twindaddy_1 06-07-2005 02:22 PM

hitec optic 6 setup with ucando 3d 46

I must be having a brain fart. U CAN DO 3D 46 with HITEC OPTIC 6 Radio. I have the ailerons hooked up individually (ch 1&5 I think) but can't seem to figure out how to do elevators seperately to the receiver. Have them ran through a "Y" and they're working but dont I want them hooked up seperately to do things like torque rolls (operate like ailerons one up / one down)?

Can't figure out how to hook individually, as one of the channels isn't really for this as listed in the manual, or I do I need to hook up as one and "turn something on" in the programming? The Plane's description states it can be done with a 6 channel radio.

I was doing this last night at midnight and don't have it in front of me right now. Think this is the way I think it goes....

Ch 1&5 Ailerons
Ch 3 Throttle
Ch 4 Rudder
Ch 2 Elevators
Ch 6 for Flaperons and ? per manual

HELP

waagbuck 06-07-2005 02:31 PM

RE: hitec optic 6 setup with ucando 3d 46

I've never heard of anybody running the elevators in opposite directions on a plane that has ailerons. The main worry seems to be making sure the elevators are exactly the same with two different servos.

I have no knowledge of Hitec radios, but I am familiar with setting this plane up on the Futaba 6xas. I put the ailerons in channels 1 and 6 and enabled the flaperon function so that the ailerons would work properly. I believe this is the conventional setup for multiple aileron servos when you have a computer radio. For the elevator, I used a servo-reversing y-harness and plugged the single end of the y into channel 2, the conventional elevator channel. Throttle is 3, Rudder is 4. That's all there is to it. You might be able to plug the elevator servos into different channels with a more advanced radio, but you can't do it with the 6xas and I doubt you can do it with an optic 6.

Good luck.

twindaddy_1 06-07-2005 02:45 PM

I have it hooked up just as you described and it works great. I am "as usual" probably making it more difficult than needed.

I think what confused me was the REQUIRED SPECS on the TOWER HOBBY page for this plane stating the following......

Y-Harness: One, for aileron servos, unless using computer radio.
Servo reversing y-harness for elevator servos unless using comp radio

Appreciate the response.

twindaddy_1 06-08-2005 09:08 AM

I have finally gone through the manual and now understand how this all works. My old radio from my heli days (whick I have still been using for 2 years on my trainer) was a JR Propo 6ch pcm and I have come to the conclusion I never came close to utilizing all the "COMPUTER ASSISTANCE" these things have.

I now understand that the majority of the 3d maneuvers are capable of being performed because of the radio probably more than pilot ability. Not to take anything away from pilot ability but a lot of the things I've seen performed just would not be possible merely by stick manipulation on a "normal" setup.

Still learning and enjoying it more everyday. This is a great hobby. :D