RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/hitec-multiplex-radios-ask-hitec-customer-service-53/)
-   -   Lost Plane on first flight (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/hitec-multiplex-radios-ask-hitec-customer-service-53/3070321-lost-plane-first-flight.html)

chuckb13 06-13-2005 03:51 PM

Lost Plane on first flight

I took my new Lanier Stinger 60 out to the field yesterday. I have 2 Hitec HS-635HB Karbonite servos in the back. One for the Elevator and one for the Rudder. I am using a Jr xf631 transmitter/reciever both of which are brand new. I first did a range check with my radio. no problems. i was over 200 feet from the plane with the antenna down and everything worked great. No flutter or any problems.. Filled the tank up and started the motor still no problem. I had our club president take it out for the first flight to trim it out. Hes been flying for over 50 years. The plane taxied out and everything was going great. Plane took off wonderfully and about 25 feet up the nose went straight down and completely destroyed the plane. When we got back after picking up all the pieces we checked everything and while checking the elevator started to flutter. No IDEA why. no problems prior to that. I have had the plane set up for over a month and check the cg and all the throws and everything was perfect... NOW its just a bunch of tooth picks... Any idea what could have gone wrong with the servo???

SlideWaysTeamGC 06-13-2005 04:00 PM

RE: Lost Plane on first flight

defective send it back

3dd 06-13-2005 05:30 PM

was the antenna wire unwrapped,was the transmitter antenna up all the way.sounds like something not related to the servo but send it in and have it checked out.just so you know hitec doesn't recomend karbonite gears in anything over 12 pounds now,not saying that is what happened just to let you know

chuckb13 06-14-2005 08:04 AM

The wire was completely unwrapped. I punched a small hole in the fuselage and ran the reciever antenna out the back of the plane. The transmitter antenna was all the way out. The person who was taking it up on the first flight to trim it out has been flying for over 40 years. So I know he knows what he is doing. The total weight of the plane was 8 pounds so well under the weight limit. So now I have no plane. I am honestly not too impressed by this incident. It really makes me not want to use their stuff again. I have been a faithful customer since I started the hobby but this is just really upsetting. over $600.00 invested and in 20 seconds now I have nothing.

tohm 06-14-2005 12:42 PM

If you would like us to look at the servo in question, please send it to the service department. Are you sure it was the servos fault and not some type of interference? The fluttering could have be due to damage from the crash.

chuckb13 06-14-2005 02:27 PM

I will do that. I will send the servo in to have it checked out. The rest of the servos worked fine after the crash. So I have no idea. Thanks for the advice