RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/hitec-multiplex-radios-ask-hitec-customer-service-53/)
-   -   HELP!!!!! 425BB's buzzing a lot. (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/hitec-multiplex-radios-ask-hitec-customer-service-53/353498-help-425bbs-buzzing-lot.html)

GrnBrt 11-06-2002 10:33 PM

HELP!!!!! 425BB's buzzing a lot.

I have 4 of the 425BB servo's in the wing of my US 40 and they won't stop buzzing, one is really loud. The aileron servo's buzz a little bit when activated and continue until they are back to neutral. The flap servo's are a bit more loud with one really loud big time. The control rods are real short and no binding, flap moves freely, but when I get about 1/2 way to full deflection the one really starts to make the loud noise, the other follows suit when deflected a bit further. These are all new servo's and the first time that I have used them. I got them about 10 months ago, been laid up and this is the first chance that I have had to use them. I really would hate to have to change them out, but at the moment I don't trust them, especially the one and would hate to think that I can't use them anywhere. HELP Mike!!!!!!!! :(

MikeMayberry 11-06-2002 10:57 PM

Unhook the linkage as see if they still buzz to know if there is a problem with the servo or the set up.

Mike.

GrnBrt 11-06-2002 11:05 PM

I did that and it still wants to buzz. I'm using the long Hitec servo arms and have the rod connected to the end hole and the bottom hole of the control arm. I moved them around and it made no difference. I just can't see how a 6 to 7" control rod right from the servo that's sticking out of the wing to the control horn can be binding???? :confused: I'm getting really frustrated here as this is the first time that I have used the Hitecs!

MikeMayberry 11-07-2002 04:42 PM

That is not typical for 422's and that all of them do it makes me think something is causing it. I would call us so we can discuss it with you a little more. (858)748-6948. I sure doubt you have 4 bad 422's out of the box.

Mike.

GrnBrt 12-06-2002 03:28 AM

Well an update here. I called and talked to Mike and we had a good discussion about the servo and he said to send it back for them to look at it. Well when I was taking it out of the wing I noticed that along with the buzzing problem it had acquired some slop to it. The flap could be mover almost a 1/16" and you could see it was in the output shaft. Well I boxed it up and sent an explanantion and off to Hitec it went. I got a new 425BB in the mail today with a turn around of about 10 days, way to go Hitec, and thanks Mike for the support you can count on my continued support. :D