RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/hitec-multiplex-radios-ask-hitec-customer-service-53/)
-   -   Hitec eclipse 7 issues (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/hitec-multiplex-radios-ask-hitec-customer-service-53/9617320-hitec-eclipse-7-issues.html)

lbarnes 03-27-2010 09:55 PM

Hitec eclipse 7 issues

Maybe some can answer and correct this problem I am having with my Eclipse 7 in Heli mode.

I am setting up my 450 using the Eclipse 7 transmitter. All is good untill it comes to the 3 different flt modes.

I first set all dual rates off, Inn all mixing modes, and swash setting are equal in all modes.

The throttle and pitch curves are identical in all 3 modes.

In normal postion all is good, swash pitch is ok and normal operation.

In ST1 mode all is good, swash pitch is ok and normal operation.

In ST2 mode 2 of the swash servos will move out of plane and cause the pitch to rise and alerion servo of drop about 2 degrees off level plane.

Also when the Flt cond switch is moved forward ST3 will also make the servos go off center.

I have checked all trim, sub trim, dual rates, EPA points, prog mixes 1 and 2, throttle and pitch curves and cannot find where any changes to the setting have changes in these 2 modes.

Any ideas where or what I am do to get all modes the same?

Larry

lbarnes 03-27-2010 11:04 PM

RE: Hitec eclipse 7 issues

Man do I feel stupid:eek:

Found the problem in the stored trims.

I checked the sub trim settings and not the trim settings for those flt modes...... :)

larry

A.T. 03-27-2010 11:14 PM

RE: Hitec eclipse 7 issues

1 Attachment(s)

ORIGINAL: lbarnes
Maybe some can answer and correct this problem I am having with my Eclipse 7 in Heli mode.
I am setting up my 450 using the Eclipse 7 transmitter. All is good untill it comes to the 3 different flt modes.
I first set all dual rates off, Inn all mixing modes, and swash setting are equal in all modes.
The throttle and pitch curves are identical in all 3 modes.
In normal postion all is good, swash pitch is ok and normal operation.
In ST1 mode all is good, swash pitch is ok and normal operation.
In ST2 mode 2 of the swash servos will move out of plane and cause the pitch to rise and alerion servo of drop about 2 degrees off level plane.
Also when the Flt cond switch is moved forward ST3 will also make the servos go off center.
I have checked all trim, sub trim, dual rates, EPA points, prog mixes 1 and 2, throttle and pitch curves and cannot find where any changes to the setting have changes in these 2 modes. Any ideas where or what I am do to get all modes the same? Larry
E.P.A - A.T.V - Dual Rates differences, cautions and arming ESC mayexplain why variances occur.
Suggest reset, or try on another model number which has been reset to factory default, and start again.
The attached
. Eclipse Helicopter Set Up Chart
. Eclipse Heading Hold Gyro Set Up
may assist.
Regards
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links

Later: Post #2, despite time showing to be 10 minutes earlier, was not displayed when this answer posted - must have been a lot of traffic?.