RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/hitec-multiplex-radios-ask-hitec-customer-service-53/)
-   -   Aurora 9 -Dead Trim slider? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/hitec-multiplex-radios-ask-hitec-customer-service-53/9738684-aurora-9-dead-trim-slider.html)

Grex 05-17-2010 12:08 AM

Aurora 9 -Dead Trim slider?

Ok,

Ive just picked up a new Hitec Aurora 9 about 1hr ago and have been getting to know my around the menus..etc

One thing i am concerned about is that the throttle trim (right handside stick/vertical - this unit is setup out of the box as mode 1) does not work. All other trim control work fine. The problem trim control doesnt register any movement in either direction.

Is this a hardware issue or is there some programming function ive missed to enable it? (Note: still using the default setting.. havent changed a thing)..

Cheers
Grex

A.T. 05-17-2010 12:18 AM

RE: Aurora 9 -Dead Trim slider?

ORIGINAL: Grex Ok, Ive just picked up a new Hitec Aurora 9 about 1hr ago and have been getting to know my around the menus..etc
One thing i am concerned about is that the throttle trim (right handside stick/vertical - this unit is setup out of the box as mode 1) does not work. All other trim control work fine. The problem trim control doesnt register any movement in either direction. Is this a hardware issue or is there some programming function ive missed to enable it? (Note: still using the default setting.. havent changed a thing).. Cheers Grex
Please check that the Throttle stick is below the half way position.
Throttle trim does not work on any known commuterised transmitter unless the throttle stick is below the 50% mark.
Otherwise it could be someone in store has changed the stick mode on screen and not the rest as per:
Aurora Transmitter Mode & Stick Tension Change.

<span style="font-size: smaller">Aurora A9, Spectra Pro &amp; Optima - FAQ &amp; Undocumented Features - Mixes, Setups, Tips. {Individual Links often updated}</span>

Regards
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model &amp; RC FAQ Web Links

MikeMayberry 05-17-2010 12:35 AM

Also, if you yourself changed to another mode you'll need to reset that model to finalize the change. All new models should be fine.

Mike.

Grex 05-17-2010 05:29 AM

After I posted the thread I spent a bit more time experimenting and found that if I assigned that stick function to a different channel the trim worked.

So Im happy, if its just software I can work that out.. If it was a hardware issue I wanted to get the unit back to the shop ASAP.. Fortunately everything appears to be working 100%.. Ijust need to learn the software...

Thanks for the suggestions, ill give them a try.

Cheers
Grex