RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/hitec-multiplex-radios-ask-hitec-customer-service-53/)
-   -   Aurora 9 and servo jitter (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/hitec-multiplex-radios-ask-hitec-customer-service-53/9908690-aurora-9-servo-jitter.html)

spitflier 08-03-2010 03:45 PM

Aurora 9 and servo jitter

I just put my new Aurora 9 into a 30% Extra 300 using 2 Hitec 645 servos for the elevator halves. I am using the 9 channel optima reciever and a 3300 mah 6 volt battery. Everything is fully charged and everything but the elevators work correctly. I have 1 servo plugged into channel 2 and the other into channel 8 if I move the sticks every once in a while one servo will fully deflect in the opposite direction and then work properly for awhile and then go nuts again. It worked fine with my Futaba 9c any ideas as to why this might be happening thanks for the help

MikeMayberry 08-03-2010 11:53 PM

RE: Aurora 9 and servo jitter

That's pretty odd... If you're using extentions I would make sure they are HD twisted. You might also think about using a higher end coreless motor servo like the 985MG but a 7985 or 7955 would be much better suited for a model like that.

Mike.

spitflier 08-04-2010 02:26 PM

What is the gauge of the HD twisted Also I can't find any info on how to properly position the two antenneas in the fuse from the 9 channel should they be parallel to each other, 90 degrees or let them flop around just kidding I have looked in the paperwork for both the recievfer and xmitter and havent found and thing that mentions it

A.T. 08-04-2010 04:31 PM

ORIGINAL: spitflier What is the gauge of the HD twisted Also I can't find any info on how to properly position the two antenneas in the fuse from the 9 channel should they be parallel to each other, 90 degrees or let them flop around just kidding I have looked in the paperwork for both the recievfer and xmitter and havent found and thing that mentions it
1. Heavy Duty Servo Wire = 22 Gauge .

Hitec Heavy Duty "Twisted" Servo Extensions
#54607S Male Twisted Servo Connector
#54608S Female Twisted Servo Connector
#54609S 6" Heavy Duty Twisted Aileron Extension
#54610S 12" Heavy Duty Twisted Aileron Extension
#54611S 24" Heavy Duty Twisted Aileron Extension
#54612S 36" Heavy Duty Twisted Aileron Extension
(#54804 50' Heavy Duty Servo Wire 22 Gauge <span style="font-size: smaller">- is not twisted but easily separated and spun with hand drill </span>)
Hitec Digital Servo FAQ</p>

2. Optima RX - Installation RX, BODA Antenna &amp; Range Test..
" Install twin antenna of Optima 9 at 90* if possible, otherwise not as critical as some other brands."</p>

<span style="font-size: smaller">Aurora A9, Spectra Pro &amp; Optima - FAQ &amp; Undocumented Features - Mixes, Setups, Tips. {Individual Links often updated}</span></p>

Regards
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model &amp; RC FAQ Web Links
</p>

spitflier 08-06-2010 02:05 PM

All the Hobbico extensions are 20 gauge won't it better to use the largest gauge i can or is the twist a better feature to consider

Brendan Lugo 08-10-2010 09:40 AM

The twisted wire acts like a choke and helps prevent "noise" from traveling down it causing glitching. For extensions you want to look for something in the 20 -22 guage size, twisted (prefered) and have a good connector on each end (gold plated pins).

spitflier 08-12-2010 05:44 AM

would it help to put a ferrite choke on the extesions

Brendan Lugo 08-12-2010 09:24 AM

If you have just the standard flat type wire extensions then yes you can put a ferrite ring on them. That will atleast help with any noise. If part of the issue is the quality of the connectors then you will want to look for a different brand extension.

Brent@Amazian 03-19-2011 06:31 AM

Hi
I was wondering if anyone could help, I have just purchased an Aurora 9 with exactly the same jitter probelms on the servos. If I turn on the receiver after about 30 secs the servos go nuts. I have also tried different receivers with the same problems. The batteries are fully charged and certanly capable of driving the servos.
If I connect the SPC port direct to the Lipo I intailly get a voltage reading of around 22 Volts whichI confirmed with a multimeter, after about 30 secs the voltage on the Aurora 9 display drops to approx 18V which is incorrect as the multimeter still display 22v.

I am now convinced the transmitter is faulty and was wondering if it would be worth whileordering another TX Module before sending the handset in for warranty

I am in a remote part of South Africaat a lodgewww.amazian.netand maybe should have gone the Futaba route.

Has anyone confirmed where the jitter problems are originating?

Thanks

Brent

A.T. 03-19-2011 11:35 AM

ORIGINAL: Brent@Amazian Hi
I was wondering if anyone could help, I have just purchased an Aurora 9 with exactly the same jitter probelms on the servos. If I turn on the receiver after about 30 secs the servos go nuts. I have also tried different receivers with the same problems. The batteries are fully charged and certanly capable of driving the servos. If I connect the SPC port direct to the Lipo I intailly get a voltage reading of around 22 Volts whichI confirmed with a multimeter, after about 30 secs the voltage on the Aurora 9 display drops to approx 18V which is incorrect as the multimeter still display 22v. I am now convinced the transmitter is faulty and was wondering if it would be worth whileordering another TX Module before sending the handset in for warranty I am in a remote part of South Africaat a lodgewww.amazian.netand maybe should have gone the Futaba route. Has anyone confirmed where the jitter problems are originating? Thanks Brent
V1.06, V1.07 or V1.08? First, please try a re-set of your ID_Setup and in need, either reflash/upgrade theSpectra module.
AFHSS - ID_Setup <font size="1">(also known as Binding or Linking)</font> &amp; Range Test Procedure Aurora 9, Spectra 2.4Ghz Module &lt;&gt; Optima Receiver.

Optima Transceiver (RX) - Servo Move Slower Than Usual -Rebind. <font size="1">Switched between Normal &lt;&gt; Scan mode with power off before process completed. </font>
Optima Transceiver (RX) - Servo Wag When RX Turned On Reason &amp; Prevention of Servo Wag <font size="1">(especially when switching on some ESC) </font>.
Optima Transceiver (RX) - Servos Stepping - Battery pack (power supply) failing under load.

Hitec 2.4 GHz System Firmware Update Manual .pdf
Aurora 9 - Firmware Update V1.06 Details.
Aurora 9 - Firmware Update V1.07(1) &amp; (2), Spectra V2.0 &amp; HPP-22 V1.04 - 01Oct10.<font size="1"> (inc PDF update enhancements, inc set failsafe via HPP-22 &amp; how uninstall V1.03 before new install.)</font>
Aurora 9 - Firmware Update V1.08 Manual.....Screen shots of the new displays <font size="1">plus additonal information.</font>
Optima 7 &amp; 9 - Firmware update V1.02 - 23Jun10, <font size="1">Update is for HTS-SS receptor system only, otherwise not required as it does not impact other functions &amp; resolution if update issue. </font>

Transmitter On First - Off Last

<span style="font-size: smaller">ex Hitec USA Support Forum Sticky:
Aurora 9, Spectra Modules &amp; Optima Transceivers
- FAQ &amp; Undocumented Features

- Mixes, Setups,Tips. {Individual Links often updated}
</span>
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model &amp; RC FAQ Web Links

<span style="font-size: smaller">(quick search = Ctrl+F) </span>