RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/hitec-multiplex-radios-ask-hitec-customer-service-53/)
-   -   Unsure of Binding sequence between Normal and Scan mode: (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/hitec-multiplex-radios-ask-hitec-customer-service-53/9993380-unsure-binding-sequence-between-normal-scan-mode.html)

sportflyer-RCU 09-10-2010 05:48 PM

Unsure of Binding sequence between Normal and Scan mode:

I have some questions re binding in Normal and Scan modes as I am new to the Spectra 2.4G module and the Optima 9 Receivers.

I have already bound my TX to the Optima 9 RX using the Normal Method at home. I would like to get the best possible set of freq by using the Scan method at the flying field when there are more 2.4Ghz TX operating but not sure of the process:

a) First Turn on TX then RX . TX & RX linked. and I have control of the model. Is the next step to change to scan mode by pressing the TX Module button for longer than 6 seconds. Will holding down the button longer than 3 seconds override the power down mode? After the TX goes into scan mode , do I now have to turn off the receiver, press the rx bind button and turn the receiver on again like I was binding the first time ?

b) After the binding is done and workin in Scan mode , I would like to revert back to normal mode for the TX /receiver and the rest of my receivers. Do I then change to normal mode and repeat a) with all the receivers ( incl the one I linked with scan mode at the flying field ?)

Please help clarify the process as its not very clear from the spectra module instructions.

Thanks

A.T. 09-10-2010 08:07 PM

RE: Unsure of Binding sequence between Normal and Scan mode:

ORIGINAL: sportflyer-RCU I have some questions re binding in Normal and Scan modes as I am new to the Spectra 2.4G module and the Optima 9 Receivers.
I have already bound my TX to the Optima 9 RX using the Normal Method at home. I would like to get the best possible set of freq by using the Scan method at the flying field when there are more 2.4Ghz TX operating but not sure of the process:
a) First Turn on TX then RX . TX & RX linked. and I have control of the model. Is the next step to change to scan mode by pressing the TX Module button for longer than 6 seconds. Will holding down the button longer than 3 seconds override the power down mode? After the TX goes into scan mode , do I now have to turn off the receiver, press the rx bind button and turn the receiver on again like I was binding the first time ?
b) After the binding is done and workin in Scan mode , I would like to revert back to normal mode for the TX /receiver and the rest of my receivers. Do I then change to normal mode and repeat a) with all the receivers ( incl the one I linked with scan mode at the flying field ?)
Please help clarify the process as its not very clear from the spectra module instructions.
Thanks
when changing from Scan mode to Normal mode, the signal will be changed to a new setting. All Optima transceiversused with that same Spectra Pro module must also thenbe re-linked to the new signal.
<font color="#22229c">AFHSS - Normal &amp; Scan Modes Explained</font> includes Redundant (Dual) Receivers.
<font color="#22229c">AFHSS - How To Select Optimum Channels</font> - For Your Field
<font color="#22229c">AFHSS - ID-Setup A.K.A, binding or linking &amp; Range Testing</font> Spectra Pro Module &lt;&gt; Optima Receiver
<font color="#22229c">AFHSS - Aurora, Spectra Pro &amp; Optima - Fail-Safe Settings</font>

Aurora A9, Spectra Pro &amp; Optima - FAQ &amp; Undocumented Features - Mixes, Setups, Tips. {frequently updated}

Regards
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model &amp; RC FAQ Web Links