Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Savage x RTR Wont move?

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2011, 11:17 AM
cpmx450

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Savage x RTR Wont move?

Was out hitting some jumps and rolled my x, now it wont move. The engine runs fine and the wheels spin if its in the air, but if i put it on the ground and push it it wont move. The Spur gear is fine and spins fine. Any one know what it could be??
Old 01-01-2011, 11:40 AM
Mr snuggles

Default RE: Savage x RTR Wont move?

see if the spur slipper is tight.

check if the pins have fallen out of the cups in the center driveline (front and rear driveshafts)
Old 01-01-2011, 11:44 AM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Spur gear could be stripped.. or the motor shifted and the pinion gear isn't making contact with the spur gear.
Old 01-01-2011, 02:09 PM
cpmx450

Checked the spur gear it is working fine. When the wheels are off the ground the wheels will spin but if i put the truck on the ground it will move a little then stop. And the gears all line up fine also.
Old 01-01-2011, 03:18 PM
sparky 25

I think you may have busted either a ring or pinion gear at either the front or rear diff,

set the truck ontop of a box or something that allows all 4 wheels to hang in mid air,

then grab one of the front wheels and hold it still while turnig the other front wheel,

see if there is any binding or locking up, if not then try this same procedure at the rear wheels,

let us know if you find anything.
Old 01-01-2011, 04:46 PM
cpmx450

Sparky i did that and the front spun up to a point and then stopped and the back did the same. Im pretty new to the hobby so not sure if its normal or if that means there bad?
Old 01-01-2011, 07:52 PM
cpmx450

Thanks everyone for the help!! Sparky i checked the front diff and sure enugh it was the pinion gear that had broke!