Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

help with batteries on xl

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2011, 07:53 AM
dragonbat13

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help with batteries on xl

i am new to rc and i just fired up my new xl to break it in.

i charged up the truck for six hours according to the manual. after about 45 minutes of running the battery in the truck died.

i also put some brand new energizer batteries in the transmitter and it seemed to die at the same time.

if i have to go around recharging and waiting six hours to run the truck then something is gonna have to change.

whats the normal setup and routine when it comes to batteries?

thanks for any help.

also whats a humppack?
Old 04-16-2011, 03:21 PM
rotzilla

Default RE: help with batteries on xl

The hump pack is the battery pack that comes with the XL. You should be able to run for more than 45 min. once your battery is cycled a few times it should get better. If the stock charger takes that long then youd be better in buying yourself a better charger...
Old 04-17-2011, 07:20 AM
Derty Werk

Get yourself a peak charger for your rx batteries and your transmitter batteries should last you a lot longer than 45min
Old 04-17-2011, 07:38 AM
dragonbat13

i figured out everything. i can use my peak charger for my rotorstart battery and also use it for my reciever battery.

it took alot of troublshooting but somehow, my batteries seem to have switched places in the bottom of the transmitter. i think my six year old healper may have had something to do with that.