Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Savage X Street Setup

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2012, 05:50 AM
jcmiller05

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Savage X Street Setup

Anyone have some good recommendations for tires, shock settings, etc. for taking my Savage X 4.6 on the street? I already have sway bars which help a bit with rollovers but it is still pretty top heavy with the stock shock settings and stock tires. I am assuming if I take out the shock spacers to lower it and add some good street tires (proline maybe) it won't want to roll over during high speed turns??? I still want to take it off road to bash too so I am just looking for some quick mods that I can change back and fourth for street or dirt.

Any recommendations are appreciated guys.

-Jason
Old 03-16-2012, 07:03 AM
steed2-inactive

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Savage X Street Setup

if you just remove the spacers it will help but will also still have a tendency to roll over under high corner speeds. leave the spacers in and install fuel tubing on the shock rod inside the shock between the piston and the shock body, limiting the upward travel of the shock. pull the suspention down with tie straps till you find a spot your happy with, then use fuel tubing. i pulled my flux down until the skidplates were a standard 7.2 volt stick pack thickness off the ground, ran a set of proline road rages and it was like a go cart. remember offroad= plush suspention, with lots of travel, compression and rebound damping differs per terrain onroad= firm suspention with short travel and generally firmer compression and rebound damping