Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Savage X 4.6

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2012, 04:45 PM
wyatthowe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Savage X 4.6

Hey guys! I am in the market for a new rc truck, i already have 3 other Traxxas, but i want something different so i was thinking of the new 2011 HPI savage X 4.6. Just wondering what everyone thought about this truck and i also read that the electronics on the new savage 4.6 are waterproof? Now i know that you can't just submerge it and it will keep running underwater but can you drive through puddles, like puddles that arent deep enough to reach the air filter or air intake? And also can i powerwash it or hose it down after a dirty and muddy day of racing? Thanks for your help!
Old 08-04-2012, 03:11 PM
Bash-m-up
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Savage X 4.6

The new 4.6 does now come with waterproof electronics. Yes, you can drive through the water and puddles, but don't let the engine ingest any of that. Yes, you can use a power washer on the truck after a good "wet" run in the mud and the muck, but remember all the other metals that are present, although water resistant, not rust resistant. They are advertised as waterproof, but as you know, sustaining water and water pressure could result in leaking through the top gears on the servos over time. I for one never had an issue with my non-waterproof electronics, running through the mud and the muck, but at the end of the day I removed the radio box (no more trouble that it is) and the engine and just put the hose to it then ran it dry or let it air dry in the hot sun. I too would go through my truck regularly as to prevent any other issues at the diffs and bearings because I did use a hose on it, but sometimes its a must.