Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Savage Carb Issue - VIDEO

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2012, 07:46 PM
xDIRTYSOUTHx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Savage Carb Issue - VIDEO

Hello all. I was in the middle of breaking in my Savage X and all of a sudden the truck would not respond very well to throttle. I was in the middle of tuning and getting great performance as I adjusted the HSN but then the truck got really slow. I checked all the links and servos and everything looked fine. I just took the carb out and see that the slide will only open about 1/4 to 1/2 of the way. It feels like something hard is keeping it from opening all the way and not debris or something.

Anyone had this issue and what should I do to find out what's keeping the carb from opening all the way? I've never had to do any major carb work so any advice will be great.

Here's a short clip showing the carb. It will close very smooth like normal but when it gets about 1/4 of the way open it stops and cant be forced open any further.

http://s52.photobucket.com/albums/g3...=VIDEO0069.mp4
Old 09-17-2012, 08:36 PM
xDIRTYSOUTHx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Savage Carb Issue - VIDEO

took the carb apart and seems there is a pretty big piece of metal shaving lodged in the side of the side where the idle screw is located. I'm going to try and file it down. No idea how or why it's like that but it's clearly not suppose to be like that.