Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks > HPI Monster Truck Forum
Reload this Page >

Cannot get my new Savage x 4.6 RTR to start

Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Cannot get my new Savage x 4.6 RTR to start

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2013, 06:16 PM
foreverrc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cannot get my new Savage x 4.6 RTR to start

Hello -

I attempted to start my new Savage X 4.6 RTR monster truck today, but I was unable to start the engine. My rotostart just seemed to spin freely without turning the engine over...has anyone else experienced this problem? When the rotostart did spin the engine, it didn't sound right...it wasn't the smooth sound of and engine turning over.

I also noticed that the wheels only turn slighlty to the left and to the right while the wheels are on the ground. If I lift the tires off the ground, both wheels seem to turn just fine.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

foreverrc

Old 04-27-2013, 07:38 PM
ace@
My Feedback: (9)

Default RE: Cannot get my new Savage x 4.6 RTR to start

i would check the oneway bearing make sure it was put on hte correct way.
Old 04-28-2013, 06:08 AM
casperdaytonairoc

Default RE: Cannot get my new Savage x 4.6 RTR to start

Yes check your one way bearing. Did the engine turn over at all when you tried? If it did, it is not a backwards one way bearing, possibly bad gears in the roto-start. But sounds like its the one way. Also, I have a savage as well and the front wheels will do that when it is just sitting, unless you upgrade to a high torque steering servo. It will turn just fine with the stock servo when you are driving it.