Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

new savage 4.6 tranny wobble?

Old 11-17-2018, 07:14 PM
trucktech

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new savage 4.6 tranny wobble?

Wondering if this is normal. I just bought a savage x 4.6. Was trying to break it in and the idle was set too high while on the stand. I stupidly tried to push the brakes which just brunt up the outer edge of the spur gear. After I got new parts I took the top of the trans off and spun the shaft without anything on it. U can see that it seems slightly warped. Is this normal. When I put new parts on it and I hold the cover and spin the spur u can feel the vibration though ur hand. Do I need to buy and install a new idler shaft. Seems to me that this slight bend would cause spur alignment promblems. Any help would be greatly appreciated.