Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks > HPI Monster Truck Forum
Reload this Page >

HELP quick!!!! need to make a fast decision on getting a Savage chassis to build up

Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

HELP quick!!!! need to make a fast decision on getting a Savage chassis to build up

Old 10-06-2003, 03:39 PM
BlackFox

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP quick!!!! need to make a fast decision on getting a Savage chassis to build up

i found a savage chassis for $99 + $14.99 shipping, and i asked the guy what i need to make it run, and he said

Engine
transmission
dog bones I can add new dog bones or additional $12.00
shocks
tires and wheels
gas tank
tuned pipe I can add new tuned pipe for additional $14
electronics

i have a tuned pipe, and a radio, so thats not a problem.....

the only thing i am worried about is the transmission, where can i get one of those? and how much?

does this sound like a better deal than a brand new SS?
Old 10-06-2003, 03:42 PM
Avalanche

Default RE: HELP quick!!!! need to make a fast decision on getting a Savage chassis to build up

Its not exactly a "home run". Why not buy a complete used Savage and part out what you dont want or need. You'll end up in much better shape when all is said and done.
Old 10-06-2003, 03:45 PM
BlackFox

Default RE: HELP quick!!!! need to make a fast decision on getting a Savage chassis to build up

because i don't have $300+ to spend right now, if i ogt this i could eventually build it up, in the meantime i can sell my other cars too....

can you buy transmissions sepearate?
Old 10-06-2003, 03:57 PM
Savage_Dias

I think you'd be better off buying a complete truck. That's a lot of work to go into a truck & it's hard to tell why it's in pieces. He may have used parts from it to fix another truck or trashed it until that chassis was all that's left.
Old 10-06-2003, 03:57 PM
packerfan3001
My Feedback: (1)

im not a savage guy but heres## for a tranny from ebay..... ebay number-3148016613

IMO looks like you might just wanna get a whole SS or The 21. Cause when you thin about it you need wheel shatfs(?) dogbones(12$) tires+wheels(80$?) motor(120$?) shocks(100$?) gastank (10$?) tranny (70$?)....not to meancher the other stuff like wheel nuts and the little stuff but this total comes to....491$ thats just to make it able to run. so IMO buy a SS
Old 10-06-2003, 04:02 PM
BlackFox

i just went and priced up a bunch of parts, and im mup to $396 including an engine 9which i estimated at $149, i guess i will just have to start saving for the SS i don't like waiting!!! by the time i get it snow will be covering the ground....we will see....
Old 10-06-2003, 05:04 PM
Savage_Dias

It will be worth the wait and a lot better than staring at the pieces as you get the money to buy everything you need.
Old 10-07-2003, 05:37 PM
Aterlatus

Then save a little longer and get the savage 25 when the snow has melted
Old 10-08-2003, 02:28 AM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

yeah just save and get a ss or mabye a used one
Old 10-08-2003, 02:12 PM
Justintoxicated

I don't think its bad if you can find a tranny for cheap.

If you buy a new savage you will still need to replace the Rims because they are made of too soft a compound, the new hexes mighjt help some, but I would just get new ones to avoid problems, my stock rims were so soft that before I stripped the hexes the rims poped off over the wheel nuts (hexes can't fix that!)

- You get to pick your engine. (You can get better than stock one without having to sell the one it comes with (nto that a .l25 s bad I love mine)
- You get to get upgraded shocks (meganitro had a deal ont he HB race shocks) Just don;t get the HB threaded shoks they suck, btu the race shocks work fine.
- HD dogbones will be more than $12, they are like $7 EACH and you will want all 6 (but every sav 21 user had to buyt hem too)
- The new gas tank is going to be released soon.

But the SS is a good deal too since you already have the radio, if your planning on upgrading shocks and engine anyways though I think it will cost you more. But even he SS comes with the old tank...It really depends on what you want to do. The deal sounds ok if your planning on changing all these things anyways and have a 3 channel radio. Of course Who knows if he is including all the screws and wheel hexes and other little things...or the condition of the chasis.
Old 11-05-2006, 12:23 PM
Byte the dust

upload pic test
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Li20850.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	39.2 KB
ID:	554686   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ez81666.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	46.7 KB
ID:	554687  
Old 11-05-2006, 06:42 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

Talk to Chronic about his chassis plates. they're brutally strong, and come to your door for a slammin good price
Old 11-05-2006, 07:16 PM
-SomeGuy-

ORIGINAL: ThunderbirdJunkie

Talk to Chronic about his chassis plates. they're brutally strong, and come to your door for a slammin good price
I second that.
Old 11-05-2006, 09:34 PM
C-Fraser..::HPI::..

ORIGINAL: ThunderbirdJunkie

I would have to third that
Old 11-05-2006, 11:26 PM
46u

Seems a lot of old threads are getting dug up today! This one is 3 years old.
Old 11-05-2006, 11:44 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie

whoa 46u, good eye, I didn't even notice[X(]
Old 11-06-2006, 12:07 AM
-SomeGuy-

LOL!!! I didnt notice either.
Old 11-06-2006, 12:41 PM
C-Fraser..::HPI::..

Hahaha nor I thats pretty funny
Old 11-06-2006, 01:39 PM
theddy

chronics tvp's are the best