Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

low speed needle tuning question

Old 02-11-2004, 04:54 PM
bucsab12

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default low speed needle tuning question

I have reset the settings on my LSN by screwing the LSN screw until it was hard to turn and then I unscrewed 3 turns. After I have finished resetting the settings it seems like the LSN screw is too deep inside the "tube" that it is placed in. Is the screw supposed to be at the opening of the tube or deeper inside it? I know it is a wierd question but I don't know how to explain it in a better way.

Any help would be appreciated
Old 02-12-2004, 12:51 AM
waverave
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: low speed needle tuning question

A default setting would be for the LSN screw to be flush with the "tube". That's a good place to start.
Keep in mind that if your engine has a MSN then you should make sure you hold it in place with a screwdriver while adjusting the LSN...sometimes the LSN will push out the MSN if you're not careful.
Old 02-12-2004, 02:27 PM
bucsab12

Does anyone have any advice on what I should do with my problem?
Old 02-12-2004, 02:39 PM
DaSHiKi

it wouldnt nec. be flush tighten it down and back it out 3 turns then that is the factory setting it may not have been set correctly from the factory thy may count turns in rather than turns out to save time and it may have been off some.
Old 02-12-2004, 02:54 PM
bucsab12

That is exactly what I did. I have tightened it and then unscrewed 3 turns but when I just recieved the engine I think that the LSN screw was at a "flush" with the tube but now it seems to be much deeper inside the tube. Also, when I screwed the LSN till it stopped it did something like 8 or 7 turns so what is going on with my LSN?
Old 02-12-2004, 05:42 PM
bucsab12

Just to let everyone know I have called HPI customer service about my problem and the guy said that the screw should be flush with the tube just like waverave said. When I followed the instructions on the forum and I screwed the LSN all the way in and then unscrewed three turns the screw was too deep within the tube. The guy from HPI told me that if I would start the engine after at that point, I would ruin it. Maybe I have a different carb but just to let everyone know that the settings on my carb are not the same as the ones on the web site. And by the way waverave you're the man. Thanks again everyone for the help

p.s. Is the HSN also should be flush with the tube it sits in?