Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

What is a Delrin Spur gear???

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2004, 04:57 PM
Baroncowboy
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is a Delrin Spur gear???

Ive been in this hobby for quite some time,but I have always been a Losi stadium truck fan,untill recently I bought a Savage...
Im curious.... What is the advantages of useing a Delrin spur gear? Obviously its got to be tuffer,but what is the advantage of using this vs. a titanium gear? I wouldnt think the weight would be that much of a difference,so maybe someone can answer my question.....

JOSH
Old 03-24-2004, 05:15 PM
Maxx-Crusher

Default RE: What is a Delrin Spur gear???

GPM racing presents the ultimate solution for long lasting, light weight, and perfectly designed gearing. This 100% Delrin gear is super hard, and machined to a precision. Why buy an expensive metal gear that will wreck havoc on other metal gears when you can have a self lubricating Delrin gear?

"Delrin (Homopolymer) is an acetal homopolymer made by DuPont."

"It is characterized as having an excellent combination of physical properties, that make it suitable for numerous applications" including RC.

Delrin is the perfect material for spur gear applications. "Delrin is a tough, stable thermoplastic offering a unique combination of properties. Key properties include high modulus of elasticity, high strength, rigidity and dimensional stability. The material also exhibits a high natural lubricity, and offers a wide range of temperature flexibility. "Delrin has excellent resistance to moisture, gasoline's, solvents and many other neutral chemicals." Delrin properties include low coefficient of friction, good bearing properties and a high resistance to repeated impacts. "Delrin has many of the same characteristics of industrial metals such as brass, aluminum, Zink, and stainless steel. Some comparable properties include stiffness, dimensional stability, impact resistance, and structural strength."
Old 03-25-2004, 04:52 AM
matster

Default RE: What is a Delrin Spur gear???

Now thats an explanation!!