Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

alloy shoes?

Old 03-24-2005, 09:49 AM
foxman500

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default alloy shoes?

some one told me if you put the alloy shoes in the wrong way round(ie-the leading end pointing anti clockwise)they last longer and not ware so quickly is this true?
Old 03-24-2005, 10:32 AM
flange

Default RE: alloy shoes?

that doesn't make sense at all.
Old 03-24-2005, 10:55 AM
tmaxxkillers-25

DO NOT DO THAT YOULL GET SOME SERIOUSE PROBLEMS.
Old 03-24-2005, 11:16 AM
Nitronutt
My Feedback: (2)

Like tmaxxkillers said, don't do that!!! They cannot grab gently if they are backards and would probably bend/break apart the first time that you hit the throttle. If they didn't, then you would probably bend several components in the drive train.
Old 03-24-2005, 06:38 PM
diirtbag
My Feedback: (3)

I run my shoes backwards on all my trucks ,they slip way less, last a lot longer."someone "knew what they were saying .and the guys that advise against havent tried it.try it at least ,see if you like.nothing bad will happen.not just alloy shoes any shoes ,it will make cheesy shoes grab better, last longer .I usually lighten my new shoes before I install as well(shave a bit of meat off),running them backwards makes them a bit slower to disengage
Old 03-25-2005, 02:01 PM
Frost_
My Feedback: (1)

You can run them backwards, but they engage WAAAAAAAAYYY earlier... The same show turned around the 'suggested' way will let the clutch slip, and the RPMs rise to a point where the engine is making more torque. This is called torque multiplication, and is similar to the effect of a hi-stall converter in a fast street/race car with an automatic tranny....

I try HARD to bring the engagement point to a level as high as possible. The higer you get it, the harder the launch. That's what 1.1mm springs are for... Being able to run a very high idle is a nice plus too...
Old 03-25-2005, 06:09 PM
Wizz Kid

and you do want your shoes to disengage while at idle. if you dont then they cannot cool porperly which leads to extensive wear.

........... or so i have heard