Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks > HPI Monster Truck Forum
Reload this Page >

sh 28 blew a rod and gone. is the collari of better quility?

Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

sh 28 blew a rod and gone. is the collari of better quility?

Old 03-26-2005, 04:16 PM
say bye

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sh 28 blew a rod and gone. is the collari of better quility?

my sh 28 took a rod threw the side and it has no warrantty so i'm looking at the collari. is the quility better? i can't afford to keep buying engines. i have a wasp that is great but the power is output is pretty pipy. the sh had great power where i needed it but as i said it is gone. if the collari is a good quility piece i'll get one. if not i guess i'll buy the rb 28 7 port. i'm new to this but my truck is holding up great and i don't my working on them. i just hate having a total failure with a engine that was just broke in.
Old 03-26-2005, 08:41 PM
bashking

Default RE: sh 28 blew a rod and gone. is the collari of better quility?

IMO the collari is great although i have only had it for a few weeks. The only downside is there are no parts avaliable for it yet and i have just busted my pullstart basically leaving me collari-less until i can get one. Apparently there are aftermarket parts coming VERY soon so i will have to wait and see. As for the reliability you have to remember that most people with this engine have had it a couple of months at most so they cant really coment on reliability but as far as power goes its an absolute animal and well worth the money. If you need reliability why dont you buy an engine with a warantee that way you are covered unless you do something stupid like run it lean or run without a filter!

Hope this helps
Old 03-26-2005, 08:53 PM
say bye

Default RE: sh 28 blew a rod and gone. is the collari of better quility?

i didn't know about the warranty issue but i bought a new collari today and that company also sells sh's through hobbypeople so he said he could take care of it for me so looks like i may have both now.