Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Neighbours Complaining

Old 03-27-2005, 09:20 AM
savage25er

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Neighbours Complaining

Rite i have the savage25 with stock pipe and i need a pipe that will quiten it down a bit because i eep getting complaints about the noise! any suggestions and links where i can get them from

cheers

joe
Old 03-27-2005, 09:23 AM
savageman90
My Feedback: (12)

Default RE: Neighbours Complaining

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXZ551&P=7

i think that is for airplanes though
Old 03-27-2005, 09:24 AM
proxpilot
My Feedback: (3)

im just going to buy an electric car to race on my street cuz some of my neibours are azzholes too, but i can listen to there damn dogs bark all day! [:@]
Old 03-27-2005, 09:28 AM
savageman90

ya the other day i thought my neighbor called the cops on me but the cop just drive by
Old 03-27-2005, 10:36 AM
ratpower396

do yourself a favor & find out from your town what exactly are the noise ordinance times.Usually they are no excessive noises from 10pm to 7 or 8am.Any time inbetween your neighbors are pretty much legally out of luck..The police can be called & may show up & ask you to keep it down or go someplace else & as long as you arent a traffic hazard thats about all they can do...Hope this helps..

Ps-- a tsais pipe is much quieter than the stock pipe but remember this is a bigblock engine & makes a fair bit of noise even with the best of pipes..
Old 03-27-2005, 12:29 PM
fottball99

my neighbours hate me also just the other day me and my friend were driving out savages and a girl from the other street comes over and tells use they make to much noise and we need to stop, they have also called that cops on my for my go-kart and gas scooter.[>:]
Old 03-27-2005, 01:50 PM
CR500rider

tell them all to go pound sand! i would find a street about 4 blocks away and keep driving, that way if they harass you for the noise you can tell them to eat sh__ since you dont live there lol
Old 03-27-2005, 01:57 PM
fottball99

lol i said its on my lawn so theres nothing you can do
Old 03-27-2005, 06:55 PM
crankshaft

they complained about the noise in my neighborhood. it just so happens that im one of 3 guys on my street with gas cars. one day we all took the tuned pipes off our trucks so they would be loud and tore up their lawns through a couple tanks. that got em a little pissed. but after that they didnt seem to mind us just running on the street. there were no more complaints anway.
Old 03-27-2005, 07:44 PM
savageman90

yah my my neigbors had a mini pocket bike (gas) dam that thing was loud
Old 03-27-2005, 07:46 PM
Philster

I'm a homeowner in a pretty nice area, and if someone would come out and make some noise I would freakin' applaud them. My street is way too quiet. Kids locked in the house on the computer all day, soccer moms driving kids everywhere...not a bike or ball in sight.

I tore up the block last week and alot of people came out to look, including my wife who worked the midnight nursing shift and couldn't get any sleep (cost me a dinner).

I am putting on a ribbed pipe soon. BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Yes...the local noise laws are in your favor. When my neighbors have their landscapers over with every lawm powertool known to manking screaming at ALL HOURS, they don't exactly feel bad.

Heck with them. I even put up orange traffic cones to stop/delay traffic.

Old 03-28-2005, 12:40 AM
odysseus

The quietest pipe I've heard is the Tsais Custom Pro. It did a good job in lowering the noise and just plain sounded better than the stock plastic pipe, which may help. Don't expect the Pro pipe to have a large performance improvement over the stock plastic one, it's more for looks and not as loud. Also, don't expect a drastic difference, it will still be easily heard. I now run the Tsais M25, and it sounds almost as loud as the plastic pipe but with much better tone and much better performance. From what I've read, it appears that just about every recommended pipe is going to be quieter than the stock plastic pipe, with the possible exception of the ribbed pipe. They are all going to still be loud, but with a better tone. Ratpower396 is correct, know your local codes.
Old 03-28-2005, 09:06 AM
Crazy_Coconuts

I live in a building. When I drive outside, there is one apartment that complains... I'm not exactly sure which one it is, but they keep calling the super to tell me to go somewhere else. I usually agree because of the timing, and because he says that they have a baby, but there was one week where I was just so stressed out, I just wanted to drive my truck. They called the super on me, and I just told the super that if they want me to shut up, they have to come down, ask me personally, and most importantly to say "please"... well... those bashtards never came down so i never shut up...