Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Underhead

Old 03-27-2005, 01:38 PM
youie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Underhead

I tightened the glow plug a little too much and shredded the screw threads in the underhead on the hpi s25 engine part no. 1444. Does anybody know if I can use a underhead from another .25 engine? as sometimes my LHS takes a while to order a part. Perhaps they might have an underhead from another .25 engine, so I am hoping one would fit.
Old 03-27-2005, 02:32 PM
Rep99099

Default RE: Underhead

How in the world did you overtighten it!?
You would had to of turned it pretty hard.
Old 03-27-2005, 04:05 PM
youie

Actually mate, what happened is, I loosened the glow plug to ease starting and to put less stress on both the one way bearing and the pull start. Well after starting it with the loosened plug, fuel obviously escaped past the glow plug which is quite normal, I tightened the glow plug and the excess fuel around it was bubbling, which too is normal. But for some stupid, yes STUPID being the KEY word, I assumed that fuel was still escaping from underneath the glowplug and I decided to tighten it further, with the resulting consequence being' stripped glowplug screw threads. A lesson I have learned as a result. But do you or anyone out there no if i can use the underhead of another .25. It is Bank holiday Monday tomorrow, so its a national holiday and everything is closed. To make things worse my friends are taking there cars out tomorrow.
Old 03-27-2005, 06:42 PM
crankshaft

unfortunately those parts are not interchangeable between engines. the head from another engine most likely will not fit because even though displacement is the same, the bore will probably be different so it will not seal against the top of the cylinder, and the bolt holes in the block probably wont match.
Old 03-27-2005, 07:11 PM
youie

I'll order the correct part in that case. Thank you!!