Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Problem with Savage???

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2005, 07:18 AM
Hornet1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Problem with Savage???

I was running my Savage 25 the other day and after a stop I gave it throttle to accelerate but it did not want to move. I first thought that the brakes were jammed on or something but after checking them, all was good. I noticed that the big gear from the transmission that engaes the small gear on the engine did not move. I forced it a bit and it finally turned (as if the transmission had seized or something). I proceeded to start the engine again and all was o.k. Any idea what happened here? Have you ever had or heard of a similar problem? Should I tear down the transmission to investigate further or leave well enough alone since its working fine for now?

Thanks.
Old 03-30-2005, 08:17 AM
ed260z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Problem with Savage???

It sounds like you overheated the clutch and it got stuck in the bell. (The little gear) I would check it as soon as you have a chance. The big gear is called the Spur.
Old 03-30-2005, 11:45 AM
Nitronutt
My Feedback: (2)

Put a set of aluminum clutch shoes on your wish list. They will not "get stuck" to the clutch bell like the stock plastic ones do (Any they give much better grip!).
Old 03-30-2005, 04:26 PM
electrogoneglow

Does Tower sell the aluminum clutch shoes? can I get a link for someone who does?

Thanks in advance, Jason.