Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Savage not shifting!

Old 06-22-2005, 07:20 PM
WyomingJEEPFREAK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Savage not shifting!

I have a savage 25 with a collari .30 the problem is that it shifts only half the time. the rest of the time it acts like it gets stuck in 1st gear. can someone please help me out with this?
Old 06-22-2005, 08:29 PM
CR500rider

Default RE: Savage not shifting!

i bet its the same thing that happens to everyone that runs big engines in thier savages, the shifting mechanism is toast......take out the rubber plug and look in the hole. do you see a bunch of chewed up plastic and metal flakes? if you do you most likely need hpi part #87227 it is the upgraded heavy duty shifting mechanism and a new designed gear
Old 06-23-2005, 12:17 AM
z style

you are in the same situation as me and i have tried everything. replaced the mechanism that catches the second gear, replaced the second gear also. im out of ideas, changed shifting point, and others. im out of ideas. im getting 3 speed. my way is it somethign quits and you can't do anything about it to fix it and have to spend money then upgrade if its worth it
Old 06-23-2005, 02:02 AM
bashking

My Collari caused this problem but i fixed it by winding the bolt that changes the shift point in. took me a while going half a turn at a time but it runs sweet now