Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

melted, just for laughs.

Old 10-01-2005, 07:54 PM
jombo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default melted, just for laughs.

hi all, just wanted to post a pic of my roasted spur just for laughs. i did see it start to melt at the ent of the tank and it started to make a "u " in the spur so i just hit the throttle to finish her off and here it is.in one of the pics you can see the edge of the spur still there.as you can see smooth as glass.thats the 4th one this week, why cant my order of aluminum shoes get here faster.[:-]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz79440.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	57.9 KB
ID:	332339   Click image for larger version

Name:	Je99413.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	332340   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yd84031.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	60.2 KB
ID:	332341  
Old 10-01-2005, 10:16 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: melted, just for laughs.

I took mine out to day and beat the HE** out of it cleaned it up put it on the self and is ready for another day. The plastic spur still looks great. Matter of fact the spur I have in it has about a gallon and a half on it.

I only melted the first one then I but the alloy shoes in and have not had a problem since. I do not understand all these screwed up spurs.

To me it looks like you had your lash set wrong.
Old 10-01-2005, 10:16 PM
Buzzbait

Hehehe... I have a few gears that look just like that!!!

Until your new clutch shoes arrive, you can lessen the melting problems by running hard rubber tires, like T-Maxx tires. You can also gear down to help keep your shoes from slipping.
Old 10-01-2005, 10:53 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

When mine melted it only melted after I stopped then it was only in the one spot where the clutch bell gear was touching. I put mine up till my alloy shoes got in before I ran it any more. I know that is hard to do but I had other trucks to run till my shoes got here.
Old 10-02-2005, 12:10 AM
Neil E

I have only done in one Spur so far. It was due to my driving. I am still using the stock 3 shoes on my Stock 25 and have had no more problems. I have alum. three shoes and a Werks waithing. Will use one of them on my Basher when the motor fails and I install the 24.7 XTM PRO sitting on the shelf.
Old 10-02-2005, 12:51 AM
Rex2342

I've roasted 6 in the last 2 weeks!! Thats more than I've destroyed in the few years I've had the truck! I wonder if maybe HPI got a bad batch of gears or something because I've never had this problem with any spur gears. I've had gears last gallons without failure and today I ruined 3 in about 2 tanks of fuel.