Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Your Opinion Pullstart vs RotoStart

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2009, 06:07 AM
steed2-inactive

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Your Opinion Pullstart vs RotoStart

ORIGINAL: Cyberfyn

Roto for newb's.
Pull for pro's.

Ian F.
Roto is for smart up-to-date people
pull for people stuck in there hayday

lol other than the charging batteries and carrying it around , it is so much better. especially when an engine is giving you grief!
Old 04-24-2009, 06:43 AM
Sparkyf

I perfer the kickstart.
Old 04-24-2009, 08:26 AM
Damo_MadTruck

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nah, i prefer to roll start
Old 08-14-2009, 10:15 PM
NOIC

Well this thread keeps popping up cause it's such a popular subject. I totally agree with DaveG55. Personal preference.! As others have said as well, you need to have your engine tuned. If not you'll be pulling or pressing the button forever. PS'ers getting blisters? Try wrapping your handle with some pipe insulating tape you can get at Home Depot. It is rubberized with peel off adhesive on one side and gives a soft feel. Savage 5.9 w/ PS, yup! I've got one on my XL. Worked well for quite a while, but just recently the cord is pulled out and not going back in so I guess I broke the spring. Maybe I'll fix it or maybe I'll put the Roto back on, or just maybe I'll mod the darn thing so I can use my bump box which I like best of all. Personal preferance will prevail.