Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

picco 28 ... maybe ....

Old 05-09-2006, 10:42 PM
trayman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default picco 28 ... maybe ....

well i was out with my savage today 70 degrees the warmest weather its seen - i have a picco 27 that i got for $75 brand new so i guess i didnt have respect for this motor - i only gave it about 2 tanks during break in then kicked the crap out of it well now after 4-5 gallons i blew it up ... i was running today and it started idling high and bogging but i was far away from my pickup and didnt want to carry this heavy tank of a truck back so i just drove it when i got back my motor was smoking so bad it was melting the body 575 degrees lol ... well that was it i shut it off and it cooled really quick and cracked the piston .... i usually have nothing but respect for these enigines and treat my stuff very good but not today i was out to break something ... so anyways how is the power on a picco 28 ? been thinking about it and i like the power of my 27 .... anyone had any issues with theirs ?? not really interested in any other motors .....
Old 05-10-2006, 02:48 AM
-SomeGuy-

Default RE: picco 28 ... maybe ....

ORIGINAL: trayman

not really interested in any other motors .....
I think that says it all...
Old 05-10-2006, 04:27 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

http://www.savage-central.com/module...wtopic&t=53987
Old 05-10-2006, 12:57 PM
bibo

I have experience with the following engines : K4.6 , Sirio .30 , O.S. 30 , LRP .28 spec 2 and Picco .28

My favorite engines are the LRP and Picco .28 they are very similar performance wise but I chose to sell the LRP and keep the Picco as IMO the Picco should last longer.

So far I am very happy with the Picco , it's very easy to tune and holds a tune well and idles all day long.

I'll try to post a video soon.