Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

reverse gear

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2006, 11:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default reverse gear

how easy/hard is it to install one on a savage x.what all is it that i need
Old 05-27-2006, 11:59 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: reverse gear

Do you have the manual? If so it should tell you all in it. I do not think putting reverse in is a big deal but some cannot even get there spur gear mesh right so I guess it has to do with who is doing it. Do you have the RTR? If so you will need the reverse module, another servo and if you have the RTR with the 2 channel radio you will need (not sure what it is called) the part to take place of the a 3rd channel. I have a 3 channel radio so I did not then the part I do not know the name.
Old 05-28-2006, 12:05 AM
46u

This is what you will need plus another servo.
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...T=2&I=HPIC8703
The other part is called a mixer
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXMCX3&P=Z
Old 05-28-2006, 12:38 AM
46u

After reading some more you might only need the reverse module with the mixer but not sure. I had a 3-channel radio so I did not have to have a mixer. I am trying to help!
Old 05-28-2006, 12:54 AM
DadtoaMarine

Take it from experience do not buy the mixer, instead get on ebay and buy one of the factory HPI 3 channel radios w/receiver for around $20. The mixer requires that you are stopped for at least 6 seconds before it will apply reverse. Then once you back up you have to reapply the brakes again for another 6 seconds before it will change gears back to forward. As for the servo and cheap normal servo works. I bought my reverse off of eBay for 26.99+3.99 shipping. It took me all of 30 minutes to install and it has worked flawlessly. BTW most RTR HPI radio/receivers (the HPI 4) are 3 channel