Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Hot Bodies GTX2: discuss

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2006, 09:36 AM
flatout->

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hot Bodies GTX2: discuss

Is anybody running one of these trucks, they look awesome.... although I'm not hearing much about them

http://www.hbeurope.com/kit.php?lang=en&partNo=hb55008
Old 06-29-2006, 11:16 AM
Chronic

Default RE: Hot Bodies GTX2: discuss

They are supposed to be pretty fast, but I would much rather go for the simplicity of the single engine model and then upgrade to a hotter engine. The end price would be similar and you would probably have a much better experience overall. It would break less parts, be more economical to operate, handle better, and run faster.

PatrickBW (I THINK that's his member name... or at least close enough) owns the single engine version. Hopefully he will respond to this when he sees it.
Old 06-29-2006, 11:56 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yep, sure will.. Prob shoulda' put my thread about the GT in the HPI forum as nobody seems to go to the MT section much..

Anyway, I can't really say much at this point. I have the normal GT version, and have only broken it in at this point. It seems fun, but would be better probably with a 2-speed. My general intention is to more or less thrash the hell out of the stock 26 engine, then probably drop in my Axial 28 and see what happens..(though I really want to put an LRP Z28 Spec 2 or 3 in it... Maybe a SH Prospec - keeping my eye out for deals on these.... The Axial is already all set up - carb turned, racing CB, engine mount and everything for a Savage, so kinda' just want to leave it for that....) My general take on Hot Bodies is that they produce high quality stuff, but maybe a notch lower than my Savage 25. The GT is light, and I do like the huge tires... It's got dual-steering servos, and turns on a dime.. That's really about all I can say at this point.. Hopefully get out bashing soon - got friends over for the WC, work, etc.. though at the moment, so might take a week or two til I get out.. I still haven't really gotten on it yet. It's got really long arms, so don't know how it'll do surviving big jumps - which I intend to do as soon as possible...

So far I like it. It offers a nice something different from my Savage - basically in that it's bigger and handles better. Could use some more oomph probably(thought he GTX2 should have plenty of that..) I want to put a beast motor in it though - something that'll make it wheelie AND top out in the 40mph range. IF that's possible..

The GTX2 I think is bigger - longer chassis, and has 8 shocks instead of 4 like on mine. I've seen a few guys on German forums with them, and for the most part it all sounds pretty positive, but if I recall correctly(IF) there were a few posts about diffs... But then again, I'm finding that diffs seem to be the annoying achilles heal of ALL MT's, so that might not mean much... The vid of the GTX2 on the HB website is kinda cool - with a few tame jumps at the end even...

Whatever the case, I'm keen to hear and learn more as well - especially about the GT and Lightnings in general...
Old 06-29-2006, 07:13 PM
Yamaha9

looks like an awesoem truc i woulda got it if they had a nicer page a while ago.
Old 06-29-2006, 08:25 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

I do not know about RC but years ago drag racers ran 2 engines but found out they could get more speed out of one as one all ways ran better then the other so it was holding back the other one. Like I said do not know about RC. I have heard that the twin RC truck do not go any faster just get there quicker.
Old 06-29-2006, 08:54 PM
Yamaha9

there dumb y would they make it a single speed.?
Old 06-30-2006, 12:56 AM
HerrSavage

Check out the videos at hotbodies.com - the GTX2 seems pretty impressive... And loud.
Old 06-30-2006, 04:05 AM
flatout->

Patrick, have you got a link for the vid?
Old 06-30-2006, 04:54 AM
HerrSavage

http://www.hotbodiesonline.net/Lightning_gtx2.html
Old 06-30-2006, 05:02 AM
flatout->

bugger, it won't work[&o]

Patrick how is your GTX holding up? I have heard of ppl having probs with the diffs in the GTX2, have you had any problems?
Old 06-30-2006, 08:02 AM
Cronsire

years ago they used two engines for drag racing? they still do u dont get more speed with it like stated above it isnt for more speed it is for more tourqe hence why tractor pulls use them

2 engines would be a hasle though have to get them tuned perfect with each other or the less of the 2 would slack the better
Old 06-30-2006, 10:06 AM
HeatFire

i've seen that truck with 2x OS.30
swedish forum.. but i guess you can enjoy the pics
and video on page 9

http://rsb.se/enjoy/viewtopic.php?t=609
Old 06-30-2006, 11:19 AM
bigboi328

wouldnt be cheaper $300 to turn a savage into a dual engine beast((((( h.b bigtwin )))))) but everyone is saying that it sucks and is hard to tune , but if im right those are the same motors in the gtx2.
Old 06-30-2006, 01:51 PM
flatout->

Thanks for the link Heatfire, that guys GTX2 must be putting out around 7hp![X(] I would have liked to see it perform on the track
Old 07-01-2006, 08:30 AM
HerrSavage

I don't have the GTX - I have just the normal GT. As far as diffs, from what I hear any SINGLE engine over a 25 is gonna cause diff problems.. I think ANY truck with two engines is gonna cause dritetrain problems..
Old 07-02-2006, 06:25 AM
wingnuttzz-savage

2 engines will have torque therefore allowing u to gear it for top end.

What is the handling like on the gt, and what about the suspension and the travel.
Old 07-03-2006, 05:31 PM
nitroman2733

well all i got to say about the gtx 2 it is a really good soild built truck.i have had mine for about 5 months and not really had any issuses other then stock carb they leaked ais lot but mach 26 carbs work great in stock out the box breakin was easy one at a time . trucj run good with stock motors . i would not say this truck is a newbe kinda truck. but once both engines are broke in and tuned its on like donkey kong!!! good bottom end and top enddarn thing screams like a mad bees.. i run it in unlimited monster truck class.turning on tight track is its only weakness but just change driving style a little and it all good. so far i have upgraded to a lsp center diff, alum. arms , 2 jp-1 pipes, proline walbash23 mm and bow ties, jr radio system, 2 new picco 28 turbo non p/s factory team bump strart engines 12 to 15 cltch bells depending on track,lsp sway bars and ofna knuckle, and more to come . piccos are insane fast both run at 230 to 240 degreesat end of tank . and i use ofnas big silver top blue strarter box to get them running need to load some pics on here soon now it is very fast and easy to tune and race
Old 07-03-2006, 05:32 PM
nitroman2733

well all i got to say about the gtx 2 it is a really good soild built truck.i have had mine for about 5 months and not really had any issuses other then stock carb they leaked ais lot but mach 26 carbs work great in stock out the box breakin was easy one at a time . trucj run good with stock motors . i would not say this truck is a newbe kinda truck. but once both engines are broke in and tuned its on like donkey kong!!! good bottom end and top enddarn thing screams like a mad bees.. i run it in unlimited monster truck class.turning on tight track is its only weakness but just change driving style a little and it all good. so far i have upgraded to a lsp center diff, alum. arms , 2 jp-1 pipes, proline walbash23 mm and bow ties, jr radio system, 2 new picco 28 turbo non p/s factory team bump strart engines 12 to 15 cltch bells depending on track,lsp sway bars and ofna knuckle, and more to come . piccos are insane fast both run at 230 to 240 degreesat end of tank . and i use ofnas big silver top blue strarter box to get them running need to load some pics on here soon now it is very fast and easy to tune and race no diff failure yet if so ill put kyosho diff gears in it too
Old 10-01-2006, 05:18 PM
s_skuggan

a just rip out the diff case after a couple of minutes[:@]
so a mounted golden horizon diff case for hpi savage on the truck use 15/50 gearing
a like the handling drives like a big stadium truck.
Old 10-01-2006, 11:28 PM
MiamizFinest

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: HeatFire

i've seen that truck with 2x OS.30
swedish forum.. but i guess you can enjoy the pics
and video on page 9

http://rsb.se/enjoy/viewtopic.php?t=609

i looked at the forum there was some nice stuff there the guy has a nice looking truck what language is that tho???? its to bad i cant read it............ is there anyway of translate it?
Old 10-02-2006, 12:57 AM
s_skuggan

[/quote]

i looked at the forum there was some nice stuff there the guy has a nice looking truck what language is that tho???? its to bad i cant read it............ is there anyway of translate it?
[/quote]

its swedish.

truck information

GTX2

twin os max30vg-p
Golden Horizons hpi Aluminum diff case ,Differential Gear Set kyosho
thunder tiger s3 flywheel , Clutch Set 3-Shoe s3 Aluminum
HB deck wing mounting set and wing
vertigo carbon shock tower
custom made engine mount
custom linkage modification
custom anti bend rod modification
new servo
and so on....

Old 10-02-2006, 08:20 AM
s_skuggan

MiamizFinest
just ask and a try to answer
i stumble over this tread on google
its my truck
Old 10-02-2006, 10:38 AM
s_skuggan

not much to see just a realy short speed run whit static camera
first real speed and then half speed
[link=http://www.magix-photos.com/mediapool02/26/F1/E3/B0/CE/DA/11/DA/83/5D/AC/9A/D5/70/F3/50/oma/30/336C2DD0384811DB8D98974FD570F350.wmv]GTX2 NFS[/link]

just fix the link
Old 10-02-2006, 11:18 AM
HerrSavage

What would be a good engine upgrade for a Lightning GT(the single-engine version)?? - without also requiring tons of others...
Old 10-03-2006, 05:55 AM
s_skuggan

any 28 racing engine will be great

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.