Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

submarine savage

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2006, 01:51 PM
black mamba

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: submarine savage

Call me crazy, but cool water hitting a almost 300 degree engine or head is not the best thing for the engine's health. I'd avoid this as this is a easy way to crack a block or head. Remember, this stuff is only made of aluminum, not heavy cast iron or steel. Not to mention, sucking water into a engine is a real easy way to hydrolock it and destroy it. Water play is just not worth it.

As for adding cool water to a automotive engine during a radiator flush/fill, well that's comparing apples to oranges.
Old 08-11-2006, 09:32 PM
nextalcupfan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: submarine savage

savagejim
As far as the electronics, youn could buy houshold waterprooing silicone sealer and run that along the seams of the battery box and asound the seams where the servos screw into the box. Other than that, I woulndt know how to waterproff the ball bearings or anything else.
Wouldn't sealin the battery box like glue it down?
and what about the diffs?

also i just want to run in snow or slush not plain water