Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Bash Day - Vancouver, BC Area - Anyone??

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2007, 02:09 AM
TheOtherSide

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bash Day - Vancouver, BC Area - Anyone??

Hey all you Vancouver, BC area bashers.... wanna make some plans for a huge bash-a-thon some time when the weather takes a turn a bit better? We could pick a good location... and spend a good part of the day bashing and fixing!!

We'd only have to find a way to schedule frequencies for those of us not using 800mhz yet so we don't all try to play at once.

Anyhow.... lemme know if you think this is a good idea.... and if so, location & date.

[8D]
Old 02-22-2007, 10:57 PM
ForkliftJeff

Default RE: Bash Day - Vancouver, BC Area - Anyone??

Hey man, sounds cool. I'm in White Rock and need a good place to bash. If something gets set up, I'll be there.

Can't wait for the sunshine. I hate taking my truck out when it's wet, it seems I only get 3 or 4 good braking attempts then it gets wet and takes 30 feet to stop.

Old 02-22-2007, 11:39 PM
holinger91

ooo you better get some video footage of this with a decent camera and camera man
Old 02-23-2007, 12:47 AM
TheOtherSide

Yeah... we need a good location... bring out some tables for a pit area cuz bashin means it gonna be bustin up some stuff time!!! We need to take over a park or something. Softball city has lots of grass... and there is the big dirt piles that the mountain bikers use.

I have a ramp with a pretty big kicker on it...

I also have a nice DV camera so I'll be able to take lots of video and put together some nice stuff.

[8D]
Old 02-23-2007, 01:21 AM
losidriver09

wanna come up north to prince george to bash with me haha ?
Old 02-23-2007, 08:35 PM
ForkliftJeff

I'll have to drive by softball city and take a look. I haven't been there for years but yet I drive by it almost everyday.
Old 02-23-2007, 10:46 PM
Stablock

I'm in for softball city! You mean the dirt park there right? I'm in! Any Saturday is good for me. This one is too short a notice I'm sure but once the weather dries it out a bit, count me in!
Old 02-23-2007, 11:00 PM
TheOtherSide

Yeah... I'm thinking of in a month or so when we can hopefully expect some slightly warmer temps...
Old 02-24-2007, 03:32 AM
97talontsi

what up TheOtherSide
Im in Surrey too and was looking for some ppl to bash with
weather has been pretty ****ty but is clearin up

lemme know when it is
Old 02-26-2007, 10:28 AM
ForkliftJeff

I went for a walk with my girl through Crescent Park on the weekend. That might be a good area for bashing. There's a big open grass field a forest area. There are a few big covered tables a couple uncovered ones right next to the field. And there are washrooms. I've got no idea how the locals would like the noise of the nitro, but there is only one way to find out. It's really freakin wet and gross there now, but give it a month or so. Good area. If you want to check it out, park at the Crescent Road parking lot, as it is right next to the area for bashing.
Old 02-26-2007, 10:58 PM
Stablock

open grass field? Doesn't sound that great to me. How about the BMX track in Surrey or the one near Cloverdale? I got some great video at the the track in Surrey.
Old 02-27-2007, 01:57 AM
TheOtherSide

One good thing about a nice grass field is a softer landing in the event of a bad landing. My ramp provides a fairly good kick!!

Old 02-27-2007, 02:15 AM
ForkliftJeff

Nice ramp. I love flyin my Savage around. I had a smaller ramp than that, but it took a beating because it was too small. It was just to skinny and only left about 3 inches on either side of the truck. I hit it a few times a little off, and it took big chunks out of it. My next ramp will be adjustable. Set up just like yours in the pic, but with a turnbuckle or something in the middle to adjust the curve and angle.
Old 02-27-2007, 02:18 AM
TheOtherSide

Yeah... I made sure it was wide enough... I think it's 38" wide. Total ramp deck length... 4 feet!!
Old 02-27-2007, 11:24 PM
Stablock

A plain old open grass field is fun for about half a tank. But that is just what a plain old open grass field needs! A huge jump! Thats more like it. I made one too. However, it has more of a "foot" on it. If that makes sense. You can hit it at full speed if you want. More like a dirtbike jump in X games. Looks like the same kicker angle as yours, although yours may be like hitting a wall at full speed. I haven't tried mine yet. I wanted it to be portable and made the mistake that Jeff did and made it too skinny. So I made another one to put it side by side.

How does yours do? I would imagine that you alot of height. Must be a little hard on the landings even if its grass. When I drag mine out, I think I'll set it up infront of a down hill slope to soften the landings. That's what I love about the BMX track.

Let me know where you take that out next.
Old 02-28-2007, 12:47 AM
TheOtherSide

ORIGINAL: Stablock

A plain old open grass field is fun for about half a tank. But that is just what a plain old open grass field needs! A huge jump! Thats more like it. I made one too. However, it has more of a "foot" on it. If that makes sense. You can hit it at full speed if you want. More like a dirtbike jump in X games. Looks like the same kicker angle as yours, although yours may be like hitting a wall at full speed. I haven't tried mine yet. I wanted it to be portable and made the mistake that Jeff did and made it too skinny. So I made another one to put it side by side.

How does yours do? I would imagine that you alot of height. Must be a little hard on the landings even if its grass. When I drag mine out, I think I'll set it up infront of a down hill slope to soften the landings. That's what I love about the BMX track.

Let me know where you take that out next.
I haven't hit mine at full speed yet. So far only single back flips @ 1/2 speed or less. Working up to it. I have a friend who is a bit nuts... I'm sure he'll test it out full speed and then we'll see what happens...

Lots of ramps and a good bash day is sounding pretty good!!!!

I'll let you know the next time we head out.
Old 03-14-2007, 07:45 PM
TheOtherSide

Of course we have great weather during the week... but sucky stuff coming this weekend.

Now that we have more daylight in the evenings... we could do a short bash session between 5-7pm or so some time too...
Old 03-15-2007, 10:39 PM
Stablock

Well, things have to dry out a bit. 180mm of rain in 9h's made some pretty big puddles. I like off road but not mud bogging.

I'm in for an early evening bash. You guys ever race at Coquitlam or the track under Queensborough bridge in New West?
Old 03-16-2007, 12:40 AM
TheOtherSide

ORIGINAL: Stablock

Well, things have to dry out a bit. 180mm of rain in 9h's made some pretty big puddles. I like off road but not mud bogging.

I'm in for an early evening bash. You guys ever race at Coquitlam or the track under Queensborough bridge in New West?
I just got my Savage in late Sept... so I haven't done any racing stuff yet. I'd like to this year though... I already have my 2nd set of shocks/springs and wheels/tires for racing testing.... I'm not going to go nutso on $$ to try and win... just gonna show up here and there and race for fun.

Yes, when it dries up a bit more... it'll be better.
Old 03-16-2007, 05:41 PM
Stablock

I haven't gone nuts with upgrages. Just standard ones. The first time I raced, I was bone stock! Managed 3rd still. Infact, that was my only time I raced. I wanted to race more, but never made it out. This year I hope is different. I want to race a few times. Nothing serious. I just want to run with others and have fun. Like I did the first time.
Old 04-01-2007, 12:36 PM
TheOtherSide

The weather is pretty nice... and the ground has dried a fair bit!!!
Old 04-01-2007, 07:09 PM
97talontsi

and its a lot warmer
Old 04-01-2007, 10:08 PM
Stablock

Ah man! I'm kicking meself for not blowing the dust off my savage and taking it out for the first time this year! I thought about it but I need to charge all the battries. Which I'm gonna do now so when I have the itch, I can pack it up and take it out.
Old 04-01-2007, 11:09 PM
TheOtherSide

I gotta fix a bent shock (bad landing on concrete stairs)... and mine will be up and running.
Old 04-04-2007, 10:55 PM
ForkliftJeff

I'm just waiting on a 3spd for my savage coming in the mail. It's probably stuck at customs or something lame like that. Right now it's in pieces. Replaced a broken radio box and straitened the TVP's and an axle. The steering linkage was no longer attached to the radio box, which made for some slow steering response. I also installed a failsafe. Hopefully no more runaways from forgetting to charge the batts (only happened once, phew!).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.