Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

savage 25 wont start after a break?

Old 03-30-2007, 08:17 PM
chrisperry

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default savage 25 wont start after a break?

My brother has a savage 25, this truck will start and run good the first time he tries it. however after a 20 to 30 minute break the truck will not restart? the next day same thing happens fires right up the first time after a break no start. any suggestions?
thanks
Old 03-30-2007, 08:36 PM
Dale Gribble
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: savage 25 wont start after a break?

For some really weird reason, I have problem restarting my S-25 after I have run it for a while too... Exact same thing, it cranks right over when it's cold. How does he stop it? I usually stop my S-25 by putting my finger over the stinger. I was going to try pinching the fuel line next time and see if it was easier to start when it was warm. My S-25 has a lot of pinch left too, so it's not that. I personally am not super impressed with the S-25 at all. Seems reliable enough, but it doesn't have a whole lot of juice.
Old 03-30-2007, 08:47 PM
chrisperry

he also puts his finger over the stinger to stop it. he just started having this problem the past few times he has run it, before all he had to do was just put the roto start on it and it would refire no problem, he also thinks it should have more power than it has. he has ran about 2.5 -3 gallons of fuel through it, it seems to be tuned good when it is running.
Old 03-31-2007, 07:16 AM
JayC1968
My Feedback: (3)

Alot of times when a hot engine will not start, but will after it cools down for awhile means it's time to replace the piston and sleeve. What happens when the piston and sleeve wear down to much it allows fuel to be pushed down in between them with compression. When the engine cools it contracts again allowing it to start with ease.