Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Best beater engine for the money??

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2007, 09:02 PM
blowpopracer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Best beater engine for the money??

sts .30 its a beast and its cheap.
Old 08-13-2007, 06:27 AM
Rexzilla

ORIGINAL: gravediggerracing

Hold up bro. We're not doing another Axial vs STS thread here. We are talking about bashing engines and the STS series are NOT bashing engines-they're racing engines. And yes for what it's worth, the STS line will seriously outperform the Axials.
Can I ask why you think the STS is not a bashing engine??
Old 08-13-2007, 07:03 AM
ttoks

the D30M isnt ROAR legal so i cant see how i can be a racer engine, most clubs i know of dont let engines over .28 race as well, so it must be a basher engine, personally i want to see how this guys go's in the traxxas forum putting the D30M in a revo, been thinking of it myself.
Old 08-13-2007, 11:02 AM
phoenix_stu

ORIGINAL: Wizz Kid

not with the axial's one-way. you would have to get their version of the backplate

correct me if i'm wrong guys, i havent tried it yet.
I beg to differ. All you need to do is get a roto back plate for the K4.6 for less than 20bucks and take off the old pull start and slam that baby right on to the Axial 28. Direct replacement. Besides you can probably find more LHS carry that rather than the Axial version.
I have mine that way and it works great. No need for any modification at all.
Also, let me add....The Axial is a great engine and for the money you can't go wrong. Plus look at it this way, your dog will have to learn to run faster to keep up with it!!