Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Baja b5 LED lights for savage

Old 10-24-2007, 11:21 AM
youie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Baja b5 LED lights for savage

Hi, does anyone know if this LED lighting kit foir the HPI Baja will fit the dummy spotlight fitting on the fron of a savage:
http://www.hpi-europe.com/piw.php?lang=en&partNo=336.
I'm not quit sure if the circumference of the dummy savage light are similar to those of the Baja, even if slight modification if required, I will quite easily be able to accommodate that.
Old 10-24-2007, 11:27 AM
nothinbetr2do

Default RE: Baja b5 LED lights for savage

your link only goes to the parts finder, not the item you want to talk about
Old 10-24-2007, 12:22 PM
go-to
My Feedback: (2)

Part #336.

Old 10-24-2007, 12:34 PM
lauderboy

i dont see why it wont, but does it come with covers for the led's? of course you could buy the baja lights and fit them to ur savage somehow!
Old 10-24-2007, 08:14 PM
under pressure

they look way bigger then our SAV's
Old 10-27-2007, 10:35 AM
mr.lexx

I think he is right, but there has got to be a way to add them on to your savage. They would deffinatly look cool.
Old 10-27-2007, 11:11 AM
youie

Actually I found the parts from the Baja which have to be bought as a whole, called the "Roll bar set", quite pricey at £23.99. May be somewhat cheaper in the states but probably not enough to justify the purchase as only a small section of the set is usuable. Added to this, is the cost of the LED light set and the whole package seems expensive. I,ve included a picture of the "Roll bar set" and the site where Baja spares are available. The "Roll bar set" is located half way down the website page.
http://www.birminghammodelcentre.co....5B-Spares.html
Attached Images  
Old 10-27-2007, 11:25 AM
dhyde79

this actually has me contemplating, I'm going to get some stuff and try to build a custom headlight system for my truck.....the only problem I foresee is mounting....I'm not sure if I want to tie it to the body or to the chassis, and if chassis, where I can mount them safely without tearing them up.
Old 10-27-2007, 02:24 PM
IBrakeForNobody
My Feedback: (16)

ORIGINAL: dhyde79

this actually has me contemplating, I'm going to get some stuff and try to build a custom headlight system for my truck.....the only problem I foresee is mounting....I'm not sure if I want to tie it to the body or to the chassis, and if chassis, where I can mount them safely without tearing them up.
I would personally drill a hole in each of the dummy lights on the Savage and insert an LED in there. That way, the LED itself is protected, and as long as your wiring is sound, nothing should be damaged. I did this with the two dummy lights that come stock on the Savage, but I took them out because they looked kind of stupid at night with only two of 'em. I figured if you get four or six dummy lights with LEDs on the front bumper, then it would look good. [sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 10-28-2007, 01:43 AM
burkes_22

i have these lights on my baja and i can tell you they will ot fit they are way to big, they look good on my baja tho