Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

OFFICIAL HPI SAVAGE XL 5.9 THREAD!

Old 04-18-2008, 04:54 PM
savycharlie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OFFICIAL HPI SAVAGE XL 5.9 THREAD!

I know they are not out yet but what the heck. Post anything about them you would like. I am thinking about getting one for Christmas. Along ways away but o well. They need to go down in price thats why im waiting so long.
Old 04-18-2008, 06:29 PM
SavageXF4.1

Default RE: OFFICIAL HPI SAVAGE XL 5.9 THREAD!

To me this is just another one[sm=75_75.gif] IMO but w.e i think they're pretty cool.
Old 04-18-2008, 06:58 PM
BudBud

Several beat you to starting a thread, I plan to buy one, not sure why though. I think a Fast Lane entended low center of gravity chassis would be more fun to own. I have three Savages now and that gives me plenty of bashing ammunition. I also have to wonder about the .36. How long will it take for the aftermarket to follow? Will we soon have a LRP or Picco .36? Is Axial going to drop an aftermarket .36 shortly? Are the mounts going to be the same or if this .36 turns out to be great, can we buy mounts for our old 21, 25 or X trucks? Just random thoughts I have been kicking around. If there is no real advantage to the XL, would we be better served with the axle extensions and a set of chassis plates? From their description, it sounds like a lot of the parts are what we already have. BB
Old 04-18-2008, 08:38 PM
under pressure

ORIGINAL: BudBud

Several beat you to starting a thread, I plan to buy one, not sure why though. I think a Fast Lane entended low center of gravity chassis would be more fun to own. I have three Savages now and that gives me plenty of bashing ammunition. I also have to wonder about the .36. How long will it take for the aftermarket to follow? Will we soon have a LRP or Picco .36? Is Axial going to drop an aftermarket .36 shortly? Are the mounts going to be the same or if this .36 turns out to be great, can we buy mounts for our old 21, 25 or X trucks? Just random thoughts I have been kicking around. If there is no real advantage to the XL, would we be better served with the axle extensions and a set of chassis plates? From their description, it sounds like a lot of the parts are what we already have. BB
you answer your own ?
Old 04-18-2008, 08:45 PM
BudBud

ORIGINAL: under pressure

ORIGINAL: BudBud

you answer your own ?
I do not think so, there is a lot of things about this new truck I do not have the answer to and would like to know!
Old 04-18-2008, 09:02 PM
savycharlie

Well,
i of course it is an extended chassis. It is 5.9 makes about 3.75 hp. And it already has a 3 speed tranny it it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8lpmGRLUUo Heres a vid.
Old 04-18-2008, 09:05 PM
under pressure

ORIGINAL: savycharlie

Well,
i of course it is an extended chassis. It is 5.9 makes about 3.75 hp. And it already has a 3 speed tranny it it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8lpmGRLUUo Heres a vid.
all i know is i perordered 3 xl's and now they move the date to may 2nd that sucks...
Old 04-18-2008, 09:10 PM
[]TEX[]

Same thing different day, all the brands are doing it. How about something new for a change?
Old 05-05-2008, 02:04 PM
BudBud

My apologies... bowing out BB
Old 05-05-2008, 04:53 PM
mmduc

i just got mine today! its big, lighter than i thought. love the looks of it. raining here no i wont beable to break it in till prob. sat. as i work alot. ill keep you posted!
Old 05-05-2008, 05:23 PM
BudBud

My apologies, bowing out.
Old 05-05-2008, 06:03 PM
mmduc

so far your right on. olike i said, i just opened it. i got the blue body. i wanted the oranage but oh well. if anybody gets the orange and wants blue, let me know, as ill trade. i got the hump pack charging now, and just looking thru the manual. i really love the way this thing looks, much better in person. like i said, it seems to be lighter than one would expect. ill let you know when i break in the engine and ill report.
Old 06-26-2008, 08:23 PM
snsn

Anyone know where the online manual can be found?
It's not on HPIs site...
Old 06-26-2008, 08:48 PM
rclugnut10
My Feedback: (1)

that 3.75 hp is at the point of the engines death, that is at absoulet max power and i highlly dought that anybody would every push thier mills to hit that level, but for the most of us i'm betting a solid 1.75hp

rclugnut10
Old 06-26-2008, 08:48 PM
BudBud

Old 06-28-2008, 12:26 PM
Revomad1

I think all Savage XL owners need to see this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xb8jda78rac
Old 06-28-2008, 01:07 PM
BudBud

Old 06-28-2008, 04:56 PM
Revomad1

I'm just trying to help Mr.R/C Expert! lol. Yes, the K5.9 CAN be run leaner on the stock pipe, but it runs hot and sounds like it's being smothered no matter how well it is tuned. Go ahead, try your beloved "086" that was designed for .21-.28 engines on a .36 (K5.9) engine and see how well it performs. Then spend 2 hours editing a video to show other Savage owner's how it compares to the stock pipe so they can decide if it is right for them or not. Until you do that, please refrain from "Policing" the rc universe forums. I only had the CEN pipe on the K5.9 for 1 tank, so it wasn't dialed in, but it was running better and cooler than it did during the 15 or so tanks I ran through the K5.9 using the stock pipe. I will make more videos after I get the CEN pipe that I payed $11 for including shipping so other K5.9 owners can see if they think it's worth the $11 or not!

*END RANT* lol

P.S. BudBud, I know your only trying help, but try not to step on other people's toes!

My K5.9 was running at 270 with the stock pipe in this video and it still sounded like it was way to rich. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkvutogJUF0
Common sense would tell you that a .36 engine is going to produce too much exhaust for a pipe that was designed for .21-.28 engines to handle. That is why you have to run it so lean, so the pipe can keep up with the reduced exhaust emissions that are the result of running too lean. When I put the CEN pipe on, I was able to richen the high-speed needle, get better performance out of the K5.9, and EASILY keep the engine temps below 260. I don't know about you, but if I can get those results for $11, that's the best $11 I've ever spent!
Old 06-28-2008, 05:01 PM
rclugnut10

imagine what $20 could do for you????

(just trying to ease tentsions)

rclugnut10
Old 06-28-2008, 05:06 PM
Revomad1

ORIGINAL: rclugnut10

imagine what $20 could do for you????

(just trying to ease tentsions)

rclugnut10
VERY FUNNY! Did I mention I only payed $11 for my CEN pipe! lol

I can't hear the sound of the engine in this video over the GAY music! lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZwt_...eature=related
Old 06-28-2008, 05:21 PM
rclugnut10

i just plug in my ipod to my computer speakers so i can listen to what ever i want...

rclugnut10
Old 06-28-2008, 05:27 PM
Revomad1

Why not just play music through iTunes on your computer? Back on topic!
Old 06-28-2008, 06:57 PM
BudBud

ORIGINAL: Revomad1

I'm just trying to help Mr.R/C Expert! lol. Yes, the K5.9 CAN be run leaner on the stock pipe, but it runs hot and sounds like it's being smothered no matter how well it is tuned. Go ahead, try your beloved "086" that was designed for .21-.28 engines on a .36 (K5.9) engine and see how well it performs. Then spend 2 hours editing a video to show other Savage owner's how it compares to the stock pipe so they can decide if it is right for them or not. Until you do that, please refrain from "Policing" the rc universe forums. I only had the CEN pipe on the K5.9 for 1 tank, so it wasn't dialed in, but it was running better and cooler than it did during the 15 or so tanks I ran through the K5.9 using the stock pipe. I will make more videos after I get the CEN pipe that I payed $11 for including shipping so other K5.9 owners can see if they think it's worth the $11 or not!

*END RANT* lol

P.S. BudBud, I know your only trying help, but try not to step on other people's toes!

My K5.9 was running at 270 with the stock pipe in this video and it still sounded like it was way to rich. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkvutogJUF0
Common sense would tell you that a .36 engine is going to produce too much exhaust for a pipe that was designed for .21-.28 engines to handle. That is why you have to run it so lean, so the pipe can keep up with the reduced exhaust emissions that are the result of running too lean. When I put the CEN pipe on, I was able to richen the high-speed needle, get better performance out of the K5.9, and EASILY keep the engine temps below 260. I don't know about you, but if I can get those results for $11, that's the best $11 I've ever spent!
Never mind... My apologies... bowing out BB
Old 06-28-2008, 08:35 PM
Revomad1

Very classy! Apology accepted.
Old 06-29-2008, 04:30 PM
rclugnut10

cuz i may feel like listen to a certain album and i don't feel like making a new playlist, and i can change the song with out having to move the mouse or pick my had off the key board if i'm playing a game

rclugnut10

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.