Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

25 to x

Old 05-16-2008, 02:52 PM
skootmaxx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 25 to x

hi I was wonder what parts are needed to convert a 25 savage to a x
Old 05-16-2008, 10:08 PM
twomanytoys

Default RE: 25 to x

Alot!
Old 05-17-2008, 07:30 AM
petes66

not as much as you think, i got all the stuff of ebay for under $30 i think.

tvp's
2 diff cases
radio/battery box
shock towers

maybe more just cant remember, too early yet.
Old 05-17-2008, 09:36 AM
go-to
My Feedback: (2)

Here are some of the things I remember from my conversion:

[ul][*] dogbones[*] TVP's[*] radio box[*] easy access diff cases and shock towers[*] 4-gear diff's with alloy cases [*] roll-bar[*] brakes[*] lower control arms[*] adjustable upper control arms[*] 17mm hex for different rims[*] different support mounting for front/rear bumpers
[/ul]

I really like my S-25, and wanted to update it with some better parts. However, I didn't want to go through all that so I just picked what I thought was required and left it at that. I kept the stock TVP's and just removed the shock spacers. Then I installed some RC Raven triple rate springs. That way you don't need to change the TVP's. Trust me the truck handles great.

I bought (2) pre-assembed X SS 4-gear diff's from eBay for $40 and put them in the older S-25 housing. Put some diff oil in there before you assemble it all. I don't need the easy access diff housings because I don't break my truck much.

I got the set of X control arms from the same eBay seller as the diff's for *DIRT* man...cheap. Same for the hex's and radio box and dogbones (same seller).
Old 05-17-2008, 01:02 PM
skootmaxx

Well i really like the X tvp's and i also want to get the lower center of gravity . ive seen alot of the stuff on ebay for really cheap. I didnt pay much to get the 25 so it doesnt bother me adding in custom stuff.