Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

couple of questions about wheely king?

Old 06-03-2008, 04:20 PM
Deftones123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default couple of questions about wheely king?

how fast is this things stock? and could you make it faster with a new motor, and is there alot of hopups for it? interested in getting one not sure if they are fun trucks or not
Old 06-03-2008, 05:14 PM
rclugnut10
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: couple of questions about wheely king?

uh i belive you can get it go faster than the 12 mph that its been radared at stock, you can put down to a 23t, into it and its fairly popular for crawling, + servos, and all the other useuall hop ups, i've heard they're a lot of fun but tops out at 12 stock but can go faster with better motor so i'ld get one
Old 06-03-2008, 09:01 PM
MTboy

Yeah save your money.. I got one a couple months ago and am not to happy with it. It is fun to mod but for anything other then making into a crawler it sucks.. I'm actually looking at putting back together and selling.
Old 06-03-2008, 10:00 PM
SaVaGe MaN SS

i had a quite a bit of fun with my wk i put an mamba 5700kv, sand paddles, jeep body, x-trail scale chassis and extened the links and the end result was a very fast formula offroad racer.
Old 06-04-2008, 11:43 AM
black mamba

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As mentioned, it does ~12mph. Out of the box it is not meant for speed, but with a gearing, esc and motor swap, you can turn it into a quasi-speed demon. A few of us used to do this with our Lunch Boxes and Midnight Pumkins back in the day.
Old 06-04-2008, 02:41 PM
Deftones123

yeah I was thinking about putting a mamba in it, but not sure if the wheely kings were anything great
Old 06-04-2008, 05:37 PM
rclugnut10
My Feedback: (1)

ohh crap i forgot to mention that the wheelie king holds the officail world speed record for an MT, i'ld personally get the sidewinder with the 4600 (about 9.5t) its 130 and you can go all the way up to 11.1 lipo vs the 5400 it stops at 8.4 v with the sidewinder

rclugnut10
Old 06-05-2008, 01:30 AM
black mamba

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Deftones123

yeah I was thinking about putting a mamba in it, but not sure if the wheely kings were anything great
It has a very strong transmission and axles. It can handle some power. The main issue is going to be keeping it off its roof...........some suspension work (lowering) will probably be needed for maximum effect.