Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Brake problem on savage

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2008, 11:34 PM
Skinner1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake problem on savage

I have been having problems keeping the brake pads on my dual brake setup. The one brake pad closest to the tranny has fallen off on me 3 times now. I dont know what could be causing this to happen especially always the same one.
Old 06-09-2008, 07:00 AM
NitroDriver

Default RE: Brake problem on savage

I have that setup too, but never had a pad come off. Make sure the pins are aligned properly, and that the adhesive has a good, clean surface to adhere to. Then whenever you brake it only makes the pads stay on stronger from the force of the brakes.
Old 06-09-2008, 10:25 PM
SAVAGEJIM

Well, the Savage brakes need frequent servicing; HPI should have added another brake set in front of the tranny also so that the whole Savge does not have to rely on only one brake set stopping it. That one brake set suffers fade because that brake must transforn a trememdous amount of kinetic energy ito heat. That heat of course cooks the pads and causes them to fade very fast, even peal the pads off the p;lates.

If you are good at fabricating, you can mod your Savage to have to brake sets: the one of course that is on every Savage that is mounted behind the tranny case, and another one in front of the tranny case. That way, each brake set only has to do half the work to stop the Savage. Imagin dual discs in front and behind the tranny case, your brakes will last twice as long before the pads must be replaced.

Old 06-10-2008, 02:33 AM
Hordsak

Yeah like buggys. My buggy has freaking awesome breaks.. mind you, the bias is adjustable with a center diff. Too bad they don't make a ceramic break pad like you can get for 1:1 cars, because that would be sweet.