Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Blue Groove Swaybars

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2008, 11:30 AM
drivefastgto

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blue Groove Swaybars

I recently got a set of sway bars from Blue Groove Concepts ( http://www.bluegrooveconcepts.com/ca...oduct_id=29885 ), and I think they're so cool, I wanted to see if anyone else has tried them yet. Check it out...

Here's what I got in the package...2 bars, 4 CF links, 5 slings to attach them to the upper A-arms (one is an extra), 8 stops, and new screws to attach the links to the skidplate braces...

Just for fun, I weighed the setup to see how much weight they would add... I can live with an extra 2.1 ounces.

Here's a couple of closeups of how they install...I like the idea of the rubber slings, it lets you adjust the bar's effectiveness by how tight you pinch them around the arms.

One shot of the chassis with them installed....BTW, this kit is for a standard Savage/Savage X, but it happens to fit my FLM chassis just fine. IDK how it fits any other brand of TVPs, I guess maybe the pictures might help.

I think these guys did a great job for the $28 they want, and I'll update this after I run them for a while and play with the adjustments. What do you all think?
Old 06-26-2008, 12:02 PM
Clymer122693

Default RE: Blue Groove Swaybars

They have a set for the revo too and the design is a great idea but the Orings that was used for the revo's setup just wore out way to fast and would not work with extended rear a-arms. I hope they work out for ya,I wouldn't mind getting some if they lasted and worked.
Old 06-26-2008, 12:08 PM
rclugnut10
My Feedback: (1)

nice savage and they look cool, i may get one if i keep rolling over but i want to test my new suspention set-up

rclugnut10
Old 06-26-2008, 05:30 PM
Parputt537

Looking at your pictures I have a question. In the pictures of the sway bars on the paper towel and scale the sway bars look flat. However, in the picture with the shot under the rear of the truck, it looks like you put a bend in the sway bar to clear the rear drive axle. Is this the case? Did you have to modify the sway bars fore and aft to clear the drive axles?
Old 06-26-2008, 05:44 PM
drivefastgto

ORIGINAL: Parputt537

Looking at your pictures I have a question. In the pictures of the sway bars on the paper towel and scale the sway bars look flat. However, in the picture with the shot under the rear of the truck, it looks like you put a bend in the sway bar to clear the rear drive axle. Is this the case? Did you have to modify the sway bars fore and aft to clear the drive axles?
The sway bars were, and still are, perfectly flat...I didnt have to modify anything whatsoever. This kit wasn't specifically made for an extended LCG FLM chassis, of course, so I imagine there would be a lot more room back there with stock TVPs. The rear bar is close to my LRP's (huge) pullstart, but not too close. As far as the driveshafts and dogbones, there's plenty of clearance, unless maybe you were running the HPI suspension conversion kit, because then the upper A-arms would be closer to the bones.

Here's a better close-up of the rear bar:

The front bar also fit fine, although it's very close to the TVPs, although that shouldn't affect anything anyway...
Old 06-26-2008, 10:38 PM
Parputt537

OK, time to go get my eyes checked. I looked at the 4th picture down again and what I was seeing is/was the servo wires. Doh!

Let us know how it performs and holds up to bashing.
Old 06-27-2008, 12:53 AM
carldav

Nice swaybar. Here is my own set-up using hellfire ballends and Bicycle spokes
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz78965.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	57.2 KB
ID:	979371   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vr53200.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	44.0 KB
ID:	979372   Click image for larger version

Name:	Om31778.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	979373  
Old 06-28-2008, 11:38 AM
rgbintx
My Feedback: (7)

Never thought of using bicycle spokes. Good idea!