Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

ok im lost...

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2008, 12:17 PM
Muggy250r

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ok im lost...

ok guys i got a new pipe... HPI polished (thnx BB) so i put it on and the lrp really came to life... could tell the difference almost the second i hit the gas... so once it got warmed up i went to the long straight by my house... messing around doing wheelies and what not and i wanted to do some high speed runs... well the truck wouldnt wind out 2nd gear... it would build RPMs and than just cut out... and bog down and the truck would start to shake? i tried tuning the HSN... nothing... i tried the LSP... nothing... what am i doing wrong?!?!?! plz help lol
Old 07-14-2008, 12:24 PM
BudBud

Default RE: ok im lost...

Make sure your fuel cap is sealing and your fuel tubing is not leaking.

I personally do not like the Hpi pipe, obviously, for that very reason. The exhaust stinger is huge and they give low fuel pressure at high rpm. You are probably too lean on the top end. I thought the HSN was going to blow out of my Picco, I had it backed out that far. I do not know how much fuel pressure the LRP takes to run. Mine is doing great on the 053 pipe though.

What you might try is an exhaust deflector, it adds length to the stinger and most of the good running Piccos and LRPs I see on the Hpi pipes have an exhaust deflector. BB

Old 07-14-2008, 12:28 PM
Muggy250r

ok ill look at my tank/lines... and when i go to my LHS ill pick up an exuast deflector im going to go out now and try and get it running right...
Old 07-14-2008, 12:47 PM
Muggy250r

no holes, and the tank is tight... i richened it alot... and that helped a little but still couldnt get it to WOT [:@]
Old 07-14-2008, 02:00 PM
muddinrc4life

hey thats happened to me 2 weeks ago. lucky me that day i had enough cash to spill out and buy a 3 speed.
Old 07-14-2008, 05:42 PM
newaddict

One of the best pipes for the lrp is the stock lst2 pipe. Its the HT (high torque) lst2 pipe and it usually goes on ebay for 20 bucks every night. One of the best engine/pipe combos...I've tried a number of different pipes including all the JP ones as well a few ofna ones and also the tsais pipe and none of them made the lrp scream like the stock lst2 pipe. Everyone who runs an lst2 and the lrp runs with the HT pipe. I'm not being biased but I'm just merely mentioning what I've noticed. The hpi ribbed and polished pipes really hinder performance on the lrp. A friend of mine ran that with this LRP and when he switched to the HT pipe it was a night and day difference. Acceleration and top speed almost doubled.
Old 07-14-2008, 05:58 PM
Muggy250r

ill have to keep my eyes open for one