Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks > HPI Monster Truck Forum
Reload this Page >

How to do serious damage to a set of Bow Ties..

Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

How to do serious damage to a set of Bow Ties..

Old 07-14-2008, 08:09 PM
BudBud

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to do serious damage to a set of Bow Ties..

It was hot here today, the truck kept flipping over backwards. I dialed out first gear, my three speed is broken again, so the old two speed is back in.

I planned to run hard, so the engine is a little rich, it was running about 240 when I checked it.

The truck is a S-25 with a Picco P3 and Dynamite 086 pipe.

I have been putting XL differentials, bones and axles in my S25 trucks. Today I put on the Pro Line Bow Ties and RPM off set weels and headed for the windter time ice skating rink.

I was out to get a video of how stable the truck is now, this thing is a blast to drive!

I did manage to roll the truck about six times and flip it over backwards about 20 times.....

A couple of teenagers watching the show decided to help me set it upright, volunteer runners!

Another bystander offered free narration of the action as he saw it. [8D]

I hope you enjoy the [link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqSgTA_qz0k&feature=user]tire sliding fun![/link] BB
Old 07-14-2008, 08:16 PM
Muggy250r

Default RE: How to do serious damage to a set of Bow Ties..

nice
Old 07-14-2008, 08:19 PM
dadirtsavage

ORIGINAL: Muggy250r

nice
haha. crazy man! bow ties for savage are expenzzzzz.
Old 07-14-2008, 08:19 PM
rclugnut10
My Feedback: (1)

yeah i can see that toasting tires

rclugnut10
Old 07-16-2008, 08:07 AM
BudBud

I thought that Picco was pulling awfully hard, the inner clutch bearing puked somewhere that day. I completely smoked a set of clutch shoes. Oh well, my new three speed is here and I have the spare parts, so it will be up again by sunset. Maybe I can find something stupid to do with it tonight, like cruise Main Street at 3 AM.......
Old 07-16-2008, 11:33 AM
supertib

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: BudBud

It was hot here today, the truck kept flipping over backwards. I dialed out first gear, my three speed is broken again, so the old two speed is back in.

I planned to run hard, so the engine is a little rich, it was running about 240 when I checked it.

The truck is a S-25 with a Picco P3 and Dynamite 086 pipe.

I have been putting XL differentials, bones and axles in my S25 trucks. Today I put on the Pro Line Bow Ties and RPM off set weels and headed for the windter time ice skating rink.

I was out to get a video of how stable the truck is now, this thing is a blast to drive!

I did manage to roll the truck about six times and flip it over backwards about 20 times.....

A couple of teenagers watching the show decided to help me set it upright, volunteer runners!

Another bystander offered free narration of the action as he saw it. [8D]

I hope you enjoy the [link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqSgTA_qz0k&feature=user]tire sliding fun![/link] BB

that motor is hurting pretty bad...can't you hear it falling off pipe ? the RPM's are dropping once its under load.....the motor is not hitting top end at all, its falling very flat....it sounds to me like its very lean on top end, or the motor is over shimmed...either way that motor is way out of tune and not hitting top end..

I am not trying to cause trouble or criticize, I can just hear that poor motor suffering on top end really badly.....
Old 07-16-2008, 12:16 PM
BudBud

I actually had opened the HSN needle an was a little rich, I also had backed out the second hear clutch so it engaged almost immediately. I was trying to show the stability of the chassis and not the power of the engine, just prior to this I had been ripping long wheelies in the street, when I tried to run it in the rink, it kept flipping clear over backwards, unstantly over backwards. I must have lost the clutch bearing at about the same time I started filming. BB
Old 07-16-2008, 01:16 PM
supertib

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: BudBud

I actually had opened the HSN needle an was a little rich, I also had backed out the second hear clutch so it engaged almost immediately. I was trying to show the stability of the chassis and not the power of the engine, just prior to this I had been ripping long wheelies in the street, when I tried to run it in the rink, it kept flipping clear over backwards, unstantly over backwards. I must have lost the clutch bearing at about the same time I started filming. BB

okay that makes sense !!! I was hearing the motor drop down in RPM so I was thinking she was lean and running out of fuel..I didnt realise you were letting off the trigger........ Common man lets see some top end runs with full RPM on concrete !!!...... I usually find a slightly richer HSN produces better RPM then a slightly leaner top end.....
Old 07-16-2008, 01:24 PM
BudBud

I should run an open throttle video, but not there. That is an old peanut shaped swimming pool that they filled to make a dance floor-ice skating rink, with a concrete wall around it. I use the rich trick to throttle down the boys when they get too wild. As long as they run the trucks with a little respect for what they have, I will let them have the speed, oterwise, it is a 1/4-3/8 turn rich and no top end. They just never really get on top of the pipe. It sure saves on parts! No so much with the Savages as the less tough trucks. BB
Old 07-16-2008, 02:58 PM
My Feedback: (4)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

:P Nice truck.
Old 07-17-2008, 07:29 PM
SportsFans

looks like fun BB!