Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

40 Series Bowtie 23mm Hex?

Old 09-26-2008, 01:20 PM
SAVAGEBANE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 40 Series Bowtie 23mm Hex?

hey y`all,
I just got a set of Pro-Line bowtie 40s for my savageX. The dish wheels came with these blue 23mm Hex hubs. My Savage has stock 17mm hubs, what do I have to do to get the 40series to fit. The 23mm hex hole is too small to fit over the shaft that the 17mm fit over. This doesnt make sense to me, the hex fits onto the wheel but they do not fit the shaft.
what do i need to do?
Do i need another shaft or what?
Old 09-26-2008, 02:57 PM
SAVAGEBANE

Default RE: 40 Series Bowtie 23mm Hex?

[]
i am going to a dirt track to race this sunday for the first time. just doing it for fun, dont care if i get smoked and blown out of the water....i just wanna race. i got my suspension right and i got the 40s bowtie to lighten the truck a little and add stability. if i gotta use my stock wheels/tires then i will have to be way more carefull not to flip the truck. plus bowties seem like they would have better traction.

any any ideas or suggestions about how to get the 40s to fit the stock wheel shaft?
Old 09-26-2008, 05:20 PM
Midget

You Need what they call a 23mm Hex Conversion...
A few company's sell them.
[link=http://cgi.ebay.com.au/PROLINE-23MM-HEX-HUB-ADAPTERS-HPI-SAVAGE-REVO-TRAXXAS_W0QQitemZ150278339486QQihZ005QQcategoryZ11 1888QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem]Proline[/link]
[link=http://cgi.ebay.com.au/DYNAMITE-23MM-HEX-HUB-ADAPTERS-HPI-SAVAGE-REVO-TRAXXAS_W0QQitemZ150278339175QQihZ005QQcategoryZ11 1888QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem]Dynamite[/link]
I recommended Proline...
Old 09-26-2008, 06:53 PM
SAVAGEBANE

I already have those. I didnt notice if they were proline or not but I have the big blue ones. It fits into the wheel, but then it doesnt fit the shaft on the truck.
i do not have the washers though......what difference do the washers make. I can definitely find some washers like that. I just need to know how to get it to fit the shaft.
Old 09-26-2008, 07:41 PM
Midget

Oh RIGHT...Yesss.
FOr Memory, When i built my Kit AGES ago, I had to Drill my Hex adapters out a bit.
Because they Did not fit on the Standard HPI shaft..
Sorry, I understand what you are talking about now lol...
I dont have Washers on mine...And havnt had any problems for two years...
These are the Hexs i go...Not sure if they are the same as yours.
Old 09-26-2008, 08:16 PM
SAVAGEBANE

cool, thanks man . thats just what i was beginning to think that i was going to have to do. the hex hub adapters that i have look just like yours. i will drill it just a little to get them to fit.
thanks for your help, it would have been easier for you to understand if i had pics......but i destroyed my camera with a savage mishap.
anyway thanks for the help and nice looking truck by the way.
-Don
Old 09-26-2008, 08:30 PM
BurninValves

Did you get that pull start i sent you yet? should be there by now..... sent it like a week and a half ago
Old 09-27-2008, 12:30 AM
Revomad1

There are 2 different versions of the 23mm hex. 1 for the Revo and T-maxx, the other for the Savage. You probably have the Traxxas version.
Old 09-27-2008, 03:37 AM
racefans26

The 40 series bowties are great when the track is moist, but if they let it dry up and start to get powdery seems to slide alot. Time for some drift turns if it gets dry hit the breaks and make her slide. Or if it drys up put the stockers back on. that is what i done last week. but the sidewalls give more and make for an unstable race..... Good luck.... I have a blast at the track