Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

bigger fuel tank

Old 12-03-2008, 02:56 AM
junior driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bigger fuel tank

where can i get a bigger fuel tank for my xl ? or can i put a extra tank on my truck ? does someone have picture of this big tank ?
Old 12-03-2008, 09:25 AM
pythonfan
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: bigger fuel tank

nope, you can only go smaller, and if you could use 2 it would do more problems then good.

search around for savage mid tank mod. that should answer your question on tanks that will work with the savage with some little to no mods.
Old 12-03-2008, 12:09 PM
thzero

Thats what I'm going towards since I have my used XSS all in pieces awaiting XL transplant. Basically I've decided to take advantage of the extra length that the XL (55mm space in the rear) to store receiver/battery and put a Ofna Fuel Tank 1/7 Scale (part #19504) which is 250cc in the front end. This is one of the mid-tank mods, but most of them require mods.

The only mid-tank mod I'm familiar with (or have seen) is the one in the "Weekend Work" thread that uses an Ofna Fuel Tank (part #30280, I believe) to sit in the extra space at the rear of the XL chassis. However, that is going smaller (i.e. 125cc) not larger.

ORIGINAL: pythonfan

nope, you can only go smaller, and if you could use 2 it would do more problems then good.

search around for savage mid tank mod. that should answer your question on tanks that will work with the savage with some little to no mods.
Old 12-05-2008, 02:32 PM
azzman

There will be no problems adding another tank...just make sure one tank feeds into the other.
I was using two ofna 125cc tanks for a while with my mid tank mod and it worked fine, I only stopped using it to try out another tank I had.