Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

How Heavy

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 10:49 PM
twomanytoys

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How Heavy

How heavy is too heavy? My Savage with FLM extended chassis, MAximizer beedlocks and MGt tires comes in at 13 lbs. I have an aftershock with savage xl tires at 12lbs and an MGT with losi claw tires at 12.5 lbs. What consistutes a heavy tuck. What is considered average and light. My Thunder Tiger ST1 truggy was just over 8 lbs. Is my Savage pushing the scales. My Savage X SS in stock form was just over 11 lbs.
Old 02-02-2009, 10:52 PM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: How Heavy

If it performs and handles fine its not too heavy
Old 02-02-2009, 11:03 PM
twomanytoys

With the LRp it performs awsome and handles great. I see your point though. Just not sure how much better it would be if it were 1/2-1lb lighter.
Old 02-02-2009, 11:06 PM
-whitey-

a 1/2 lb less would make a huge difference but It depends on where you take off the weight, taking it off the wheels will make a huge difference in accelerating and stopping.
Old 02-02-2009, 11:43 PM
twomanytoys

I understand rotating mass makes the biggest difference. Just not sure about overall weight.
Old 02-03-2009, 12:14 AM
ArancioC5

Does a fat chick out perform a skinny one? Same concept brotha. Imagine you threw a big block into a Vette and a Big block into a Tahoe. What do you think would win a drag race, a top end contest, and any other performance related catagory?
Old 02-03-2009, 12:20 AM
dakamat

I've exactly the same setup as you, XSS with Maximizer bedlock, proline Masher tire, FLM extend LCG frame, Picco P3 wit Dynamite 086, and on an electronic scale, he clock at 12.6 lbs.

My stock XSS is at 11.2 lbs.

And my 26 red dot revo is at 10.2 lbs[X(] This thing is a rocket

I find it heavy at 12.6 but i've put the maximiser bedlock on the scale just to compare with my revo tires (badland on Ofna halfoffset dish wheel) and for the 4 wheel, it's only 0.5 lbs of difference

But i realy like my savage, and as long as my engine will kick the ass of my truck, i'll keep it like that
Old 02-03-2009, 04:35 AM
black mamba

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Weight affects everything from handling to performance. Lose weight and your truck will be more nimble and faster. It's all simple physics.[8D]