Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

newbie to rc

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2009, 11:45 AM
jaahouse

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default newbie to rc

i know you guys get tired of this question so i will agrevate people on the other forum also. i would like to know which is the better of the big 3; t-maxx 3.3, revo 3.3, or the savage 4.6. guys at work have t-maxx and exceed rc and the exceed seems to always have problems and the t-maxx seems to be holding up good. my lhs really likes the hpi products but i don't know anyone with one. my wife is finally letting me spend the money so i'd better do it wisely thanks for all the input!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-15-2009, 11:59 AM
Metallover

Default RE: newbie to rc

Its your decision. You posted in the HPI forum, so you'll probably get people saying the savage is better.

Look around and see what other people have to say. I would get the savage and maxx for bashing and the revo for racing. It is your decision and make sure to look around. You won't find all you want to know on this one thread.
Old 02-15-2009, 12:10 PM
DaveG55

Like I said in your other thread...

You're going to get a lot of opinions here with that question. It's a very Ford/Chevy type of question, if you know what I mean.

I have a T-Maxx, a Revo and a Savage, older versions all, but I can say w/o reservation that which ever one of the 3 you pick you will be getting a very good rc. I use all three a lot but tend to gravitate towards the Revo. But like I said above, you'll get lots of opinions. Good Luck and have fun with whatever you get.
Old 02-15-2009, 09:56 PM
stroker71

savage hands down. i have both, the tmaxx being the first and what a big disapointment, waste of money do youself a favor and go with the savage. i'm speaking from experience
Old 02-15-2009, 10:18 PM
twomanytoys

Savage is a tough truck and its fast but it has its problems just like a t maxx does. You may want to check out the Aftershock also. Aftershock is a very solid truck.
Old 02-16-2009, 09:19 PM
jaahouse

thanks for all the input i will take it all into consideration !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-16-2009, 09:35 PM
nitro rc

it really doesn't matter which one you choose because they are all top of the line trucks and you will love which ever one you pick. The tmaxx is easier to work on but the savage has a larger engine and is a little bigger.
Old 02-16-2009, 09:49 PM
benzy2

Buy whatever you think looks coolest and most like what you want. They all have ups and downs so just get what you like. The market is real tough right now with a lot of great trucks out there so your odds of getting a fun one are pretty high.
Old 02-19-2009, 11:02 AM
jay273
My Feedback: (1)

might b just me but iv been doing this a long time and find the traxxas stuff very much a pain in the a&^ to tune as well as duribility issues. if ya like tuning while the others rip around traxxas is for you...but if u like to run hpi is for u....myself iv out grown t-maxx..revo..jado moved well up to the savage, baja 5b...save your self the greif buy the savage!!!!!! and yes traxxas is fast...if you can keep it running..lol
Old 02-19-2009, 06:44 PM
KID_EVIL!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have a savage xl and had a savage x ss I also have a traxxas rustler I have found tuning wise that the rustler seems to need less tuning from one run to the next, I barely need to do anything to it. Of course it isn't a tmaxx or a savage but tuning wise it's been good to me. I also like the ez start system especially if you are going to be teaching a child on it. I can't give you an honest vote on the Savage vs tmaxx vs revo... But if I could I'd vote savage.. I think it's the name that does it
Old 02-19-2009, 10:26 PM
superfly12

i am kinda in the same situation. i was thinking about the tmaxx 3.3 and the savage x RTR and then the savage x ss kit but didnt know if i wanted to run the risk of me trying to put it together, i didnt know how tough it would be to put together. i wanted the savage more because of the durability but it will take a long time to get parts for it at my local rc shop as they already have all the parts for the t maxx. so i am kinda stuck.... didnt mean to highjack the thread just didnt want to make a whole other one
Old 02-19-2009, 10:34 PM
Dsyyke

go for the t-maxx, your shop can help you out and now waiting for parts is alot better than not running for two weeks and waiting